New Release - WD TV Live Streaming Media Player Firmware Version 1.15.10 (3/28/13)

People here aren’t dismissing that it could be a firmware flaw but without ruling out other causes its not very good problem solving.

When looking for a solution you look at the whole setup and not merely just one part of it.

A perfect example is the 10 min wait to play video which is almost certainly not the devices fault.

It so easy to have a bottleneck in these setups and not see the problem because there are many variables involved.

We do this to pass on the knowdledge and help and in my case typing isn’t very pleasant .

Iam awaiting ulnar shorting surgery on both my wrist to remove the bone which has punched through the cartilage in my hands.

Tried that Moredata.  The quick stab AND the long press. It reboots to the scene of the crime, aka to the last installed firmware. 1.15.10.  I read somewhere that it might help to remove the .wd folder stored on my 1TB drive. It might be that simple. I’ll know when I get time to fool with it again.

moredata wrote:

if you’ve done a reset by using a paper clip to the button under the box…  I believe it sets the device back to factory defaults.

No need for believes when you can check the manual:

Press for one second to reset to factory defaults (see “Device Reset” on page 192). Press and hold 10 seconds to toggle
between NTSC and PAL. Use a fine-tipped stylus or the unfolded end of a paperclip to press the reset switch.

So there’s no need to press it cause you can do the reset from the GUI easily.

@JazzMac

after a couple of pages now, have you tried contacting WD’s official support

is it under warranty?

WD very well, might replace your unit

I know this was already suggested, but still no mention if you’ve tried it

@KAD79

No. Not yet. I’m still researching outside of this forum to get some answers. If I can’t find any, I’ll consider contacting WD directly.

if you’re looking for answers elsewhere, you should check out the very early alpha release from WDLXTV

or search for SMP root access

but if the hardware is already bad/damaged, none of it will help

JazMac - so let’s get this straight, you come on the forum and complain that firmware has knocked out your USB ports, you are then told that your player is still in warranty but you want to do more research rather than contact WD directly.

Why easy when there is a complicated way? :smileyvery-happy:

vermont99 - let’s be correct, none of the WD players automatically update themselves, there has to be user agreement.

Rollback info.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860

Thanks I will try to go back to the last firmware hope it better. It asked me if I wanted to update and I hit the wrong selection.

Thanks for the help

1 Like

Went back one firmware from 1.15.10 picture and sound are back.

Thanks again

Check your tone playboy, you don’t know me like that. I did come to complain because this update caused my device to malfunction. I have a warranty and I also have patience and time. I’m also geek like that so research is what we do.  Can’t help that. So you do what “consumers” do and I’ll do what I do. If you can’t offer assistance, which what I know this spot to be, step off.

Did you try to display teletext subs from the file I uploaded???

Love the fact that there is no pause when browsing through items on my drive. Best improvement IMO. This actually makes up for an issue I have been having with the USB connector.

Hello all, 
hope i post in good section, i have a WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (Gen3), 
i try to connect to a streaming in Dailymotion, and i cannot read it … 

it’s working with a webserver, smartphone but neither in WD TV

do you have an idea why ? 

thanks in advance for your reply (and sorry for my poor english speaking)

stream :  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xk9zfs_pokerstars-live-webcast-live_sport

(i have try to create an account in Dailymotion and add to favorite… and search in services of WDTV, but doesnt work either)

thanks for help

ps/edit:  the only things i see when i look at this url in WDTV, it’s a video looping like a screensaver, either if the live stream is on and confirmed played on computer

How can I rollback when my WD TV LIVE on 1.15.10? I followed the instruction from this page but it didn’t work.

Thank you

homeless76 wrote:

How can I rollback when my WD TV LIVE on 1.15.10? I followed the instruction from this page but it didn’t work.

Thank you

What firmware are you rolling back to on that page?

Did you download the firmware from that page?

Did you unzip the firmware and put the files in the root of a USB drive.

When you say it didn’t work, did the player not tell you that there was new firmware or the firmware would not load.

Have you tried another USB drive?

richUK wrote:

homeless76 wrote:

Thank you

What firmware are you rolling back to on that page?

Did you download the firmware from that page?

Did you unzip the firmware and put the files in the root of a USB drive.

When you say it didn’t work, did the player not tell you that there was new firmware or the firmware would not load.

Have you tried another USB drive?

After updated to 1.15.10 I got pink screen and couldn’t get any audio. Now I want to go back to ANY previous firmware and hopefully I can get audio and HD screen back.

I downloaded firmwares from the page I inserted.

Unzipped the files,

Copied all 3 files to the root of my flash drives.

Popped it into WD TV LIVE waited for a moment and NOTHING happened (At the top of the screen I saw “Compiling files…”; but nothing happened afterward).

I tried 2 different firmwares 1.04.12 and 1.14.09 on 2 different flash drives. Weird…?

Thank you

Where did you get the 1.04.12 firmware from?
Does the file name of the firmware have the word rollback in it?
You have turned on firmware update notification in the setup?
Are there any other files in the root of the flash drive other than the firmware files?
How are your flash drives formatted?
Did you try both USB ports.
Try resetting the player via the setup menu with the flash drive connected and nothing else.