New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.11.10 (3/28/13)

Just updated my firmware to 3.11.10 and whenever I exit Netflix it causes my WD TV Live Hub to reboot… NICE! :frowning:

Update:  Decided to try one last option before rolling back firmware.  I disconnected the power and let it sit for awhile.  It seemed to work okay after that… go figure.

If it does it again try a restore to factory settings. Fixes most problems.

Thank you TonyPh12345 for your answer. The MUTE/UNMUTE is a working quickfix for me.

Ever since I have downloaded this latest firmware and my player kept on having FATAL ERROR and restarts. 

I also find this player does not always support some internal sound coding mechanism and causes lots of files not playable where I get from my friends. What is the point to advertise supports for all the file formats but can’t display them in any case?

Very poor designed device. 

I can unlock the WD passport on my desk top computer but cannot open file. It takes a long time to give error message "Windows cannot find E:\WD Smartware:Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. At one point message came that Do you want to reformat the drive, which I declined since I have lot of file saved.

How can open and retrieve my files without loosing them

Thank you

It always bugs me when people through “Off the wall suggestions or questions.”  But here I go…

Is there any chance you have a Samsung TV?

I too have (had) a problem with Samsung LCD sets and flickering with WDTVLive Hub as well as other HDMI sources. 

If you do, you might search google for Samsung flickering.  There is a jumper that when removed (disclaimer may violate the warranty)  but fixed my problem!

Not everybody has a Samsung TV.

I fixed my problem by removing the HDMI cable from both receiver and HUB, then do a hard reset and everything went back to normal. I’m using a Panasonic Plasma.

I updated my HUB to FW 3.11.10 and the navigation using the remote control is very erratic. If I scroll through the folders on my NAS the cursor moves slowly, then stops then moves quickly. Sometimes I have to press OK several times to get the HUB to respond. There is also a long delay in a video starting, FFW responding etc. I also get the orange rotating arrow appearing whilst I’m watching a video. Response is slightly better browsing the HUBs’ internal disk. I have reset the HUB to factory defaults after the update, but the response is still erratic. I rolled back to FW 3.10.09 and the response was back to normal. Is anybody else having these symptoms?

^^Mine felt the same, but it has been like this before the update. The pros outweighs the cons on this new firmware though.

Hi,

I did the update and I have a problem to read MKV files now. And most of my movies are mkv…

How can I roll back to the precedent version?

Thanks

Mkv files should play fine. Try reset it to factory specs, then unplug the power cord for a couple of minutes and boot it up.

ZEST_ wrote:

Hi,

I did the update and I have a problem to read MKV files now. And most of my movies are mkv…

How can I roll back to the precedent version?

Thanks

BoyZ,

When turning the Linux option off, why does the user still have to select Windows?

If Linux is turned off, Windows is the only open left, so why even ask the user to select Windows…

Pretty bumb if you ask me.

djcalcutt wrote:

BoyZ,

When turning the Linux option off, why does the user still have to select Windows?..

Who are you talking to?  No one by that name wrote a post in this thread.  

djcalcutt wrote:

BoyZ,

When turning the Linux option off, why does the user still have to select Windows?

If Linux is turned off, Windows is the only open left, so why even ask the user to select Windows…

Pretty bumb if you ask me.

Budz,

It’s cause the Hub has to refresh what’s available on the network and that’s how it’s probably done. :slight_smile:

Tony you got to get hip…Boyz is like saying “Hey guys”, “Hey Ya’ll” or “Hey Peeps”. :slight_smile:

flhthemi wrote> Tony you got to get hip…Boyz is like saying “Hey guys”, “Hey Ya’ll” or “Hey Peeps”. :slight_smile:

Ugh. :laughing:

flthemi wrote:

Tony you got to get hip…Boyz is like saying “Hey guys”, “Hey Ya’ll” or “Hey Peeps”.

Darn, gotta find my 80’s slang dictionary again

80sGuy wrote:

^^Mine felt the same, but it has been like this before the update. The pros outweighs the cons on this new firmware though.

Thanks for the reply. With the previous FW I got erratic response sometimes, but if I powered the Hub off completely the Hub responded normally again. That did not work with latest FW, even resetting to factory defaults didn’t fix the problem. I can’t use iPlayer, so I don’t see anything in the new FW that I really need. The erratic response is really frustrating, but maybe it’s only me that has this problem.

One more thing: try ‘clear media library’ under setup>system. It won’t change your settings nor will you lose anything.

badmem wrote:

80sGuy wrote:

Thanks for the reply. With the previous FW I got erratic response sometimes, but if I powered the Hub off completely the Hub responded normally again. That did not work with latest FW, even resetting to factory defaults didn’t fix the problem. I can’t use iPlayer, so I don’t see anything in the new FW that I really need. The erratic response is really frustrating, but maybe it’s only me that has this problem.

I just update firmware with this version but why still not detect my usb wifi TPLINK TL-WN723N v3 …?

I am having the same issues as  barchetta is having … have been stuck at  Firmware Ver. 3.08.14 and as soon as I update to a newer firmware version my TV start to flicker. 

My TV is a  42PFL7332 and it has the newest firmware from the Philips website.