New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.11.10 (3/28/13)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange.

Feel free to post your questions or experiences in this thread.

1 Like

Funny… as soon as it starts to update my screeen starts to flicker…  HDMI wont stay sync’d…  What is it WD did starting in v Version 3.09.18  that caused me not to be able to update without flickering???  Back to 3.08 I go again…

Was your tv flickering just during the update, or after? Also, did you do a device reset or restart before reverting back?

I used a USB stick…  as soon as the system restarted it started to flciker… even during the actual update… so it must install HDMI drivers just before the reboot (I did the install when the menu recognized the update)…

I didnt restart but in the last two updates I did.  I also tried several different resolutions… I can see video between flickers… 

Do you have CEC turned on or off?  

Sorry, what is CEC?

Is there an official way to ask new features on firmware ?

Amongst all the other web services in “services” i would like to see videos and live streamings coming from the

italian television website.

Shouldn’t be difficult to implement

http://community.wdc.com/t5/New-to-WD-Community/Where-Do-I-Post-My-Ideas/td-p/122260

European streaming is not high on WDs list. If its baseball you are laughing :slight_smile:

barchetta wrote:

Sorry, what is CEC?

Check this link out.  It explains it better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consumer_Electronics_Control#CEC

No… my plasma was made in 2005…  no such option. any other ideas?

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Screen-flashes-after-3-09-18-firmware-upgrade/idi-p/535921

Bill

I think its explained here with a couple of them having isues with Plasmas, I suppose it would be easier to see what was changed in that firmware that would cause it I suppose. Stating the obvious I know, but I would have thought HDMI settings would be the same for all the last few firmwares ?

I am too scared to update my firmware as they keep on breaking stuff, and baseball is rounders. :slight_smile:

yeah, it all started with 3.09… WD made a change to HDMI of some sort as far as I can tell… but they never reported it :expressionless:

barchetta wrote:

No… my plasma was made in 2005…  no such option. any other ideas?

There were other issues in the past that were related to the CEC.  I still have problems on occasion with sound if I have CEC turned on.  That’s because I use HDMI, but my TV doesn’t negotiate the sound codecs very well if I use CEC to turn on the TV when I turn on my WD TV.  I have to have CEC turned off, or I’ll have sound static, or no sound at all.  So I was just checking to see if that might be the culprit. 

Mine more or less “flickers” and goes from a grainy screen to good video… sounds goes on and off with it… have a bad feeling Im stuck on 3.08 forever… but it works for me so I cant complain.

If you wanna try turning off the CEC, you need to go into Setup >> Audio/Video Settings.  If CEC is on, turn it off.  See if that does anything after you restart.

Bill_S wrote:

If you don’t wanna try turning off the CEC, you need to go into Setup >> Audio/Video Settings.  If CEC is on, turn it off.  See if that does anything after you restart.

I 'm wondering why I dont see this CEC setting in my setup menu.

Setup/Audio Video Output 

No CEC options there on my Hub with 3.11.10 or did I miss something?

Just got an LG smart TV with Simplink would love to be able to get the Hub to work with it like my PS3 does! 

i. e.  Be watching cable on HDMI 1 Turn on PS3 input automagically changes to HDMI 3 for PS3.

This fix the tv order ? I go batshyt everytime i see my files not in order…

LeDouche wrote:

This fix the tv order ? 

It’s been fixed for ages.

1 Like

Since when sir ?

At least a year now…