New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.11.10 (3/28/13)

flhthemi wrote:

Bill_S wrote:

If you don’t wanna try turning off the CEC, you need to go into Setup >> Audio/Video Settings.  If CEC is on, turn it off.  See if that does anything after you restart.

I 'm wondering why I dont see this CEC setting in my setup menu.

Setup/Audio Video Output 

No CEC options there on my Hub with 3.11.10 or did I miss something?

Just got an LG smart TV with Simplink would love to be able to get the Hub to work with it like my PS3 does! 

i. e.  Be watching cable on HDMI 1 Turn on PS3 input automagically changes to HDMI 3 for PS3.

I am guessing by reading this…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Ideas/Add-support-for-HDMI-Control-HDMI-CEC-protocol-with-the-WD-TV/idc-p/554329#M3140

That CEC is enabled on the Live SMP only…

Ok well now I’m really confused…becuse now YOU’RE talking about the SMP? This thread has been talking about the Hub and it’s firmware…

I’m hoping Bill will unconfuse me :wink: (Like anyone could?)

Do it have CEC or Not? (the HUB)

If it do where is the option to turn it on/off really hiding?

Well I’M not talking about the SMP, but as you can see in the link I provided, someone has seen both, and says the option is only on the SMP and they are asking for it on the Hub.

Nothing to be confused about, it’snot there, as I have looked at the options on my Hub as well. Although I also have an LG setup with an LG 55 Inch Smart TV, and I just bought an LG Bluray/Amp combo, so they both work together, but it would not really work for me as I would need the Amp to swap over to that HDMI channel in.

Thats what I have my old Harmony remote for :slight_smile:

I dont have CEC on my live hub at 3.08 version…  I suppose I could re-upgrade and see if it shows up… I guess Id like to know why some have it and some dont…  I noticed this a long time ago… I have a 3 port HDMI auto sense switch I wanted to use… my DVD player worked fine with it but the hub not so much… so never got to use it…  

I’ve tried unplugging the cable, powering off the plasma… nothing clears this up… CLEARLY WD made a HDMI change starting at 3.09 and didnt announce it…  I am not the only one with this problem but we are in the extreme minority and I expect no action on this…  The link that shows the problem report looks properly updated to me but WD never did respond back…   not sure what this needs to be such a secret…  I guess Im just curious what caused this more than anything.

Just to put you out of your misery. I think Bill was confusing the Live streaming with the hub. The hub does not have HDMI CEC and the Live Streaming does. I am fully up to date with firmware on both the Live streaming and the Live hub. It has nothing to do with the TV as it shows CEC in the Live Streaming menu and it does not on the Hub which is connected to the same TV. Does anybody say there is CEC on the hub (except Bill)

“Just to put you out of your misery. I think Bill was confusing the Live streaming with the hub. The hub does not have HDMI CEC and the Live Streaming does. I am fully up to date with firmware on both the Live streaming and the Live hub. It has nothing to do with the TV as it shows CEC in the Live Streaming menu and it does not on the Hub which is connected to the same TV. Does anybody say there is CEC on the hub (except Bill)”

thanks

All updated, no issues, no real changes ( for me at least ) - just keeping on top of the versions :slight_smile:

Just to put you out of your misery. I think Bill was confusing the Live streaming with the hub. The hub does not have HDMI CEC and the Live Streaming does. I am fully up to date with firmware on both the Live streaming and the Live hub. It has nothing to do with the TV as it shows CEC in the Live Streaming menu and it does not on the Hub which is connected to the same TV. Does anybody say there is CEC on the hub (except Bill)

Is that not what I just said :wink:

wdtvhub - Unfortunately it appeared there was still some doubt so I reinforced your post.

Yeah, you guys are right.  I got confused. 

Awe Bill, I was hoping you were gonna say “April Fool!” :slight_smile:

Okay, I finally updated to 3.11 and actually kept it! It fixed most of the stuffs that I’ve been complaining about like:

1.) Netflix ‘sticky subtitles’, yes you’ve heard that right. I’ve been plague by this problem since 3.07 and everytime I ended up reverting back to 3.06.

2.) …and finally, Picture thumbnails are fixed! The last time I saw this was from the obsolete ‘LIVE PLUS’ device which WD took back and replaced with this HUB.

As for CEC, the feature WAS present at one time for the HUB. I saw it from previous FW versions and actually played with it but it did nothing so no lost there. I kept on reverting back to 3.06 so I can’t remember which version it was under. So to answer your question about whether CEC is/was a feature for the 1TB HUB: yes it was, but somehow WD screwed up on this part, at least for you guys.

So yes, Firmware 3.11 is a winner for me!

HDMI filckering: when I set the thumbs to ‘large’. The ‘backdrop’ of movie contents have a hard time swiping and causes it to flicker a bit. I never use lrg thumbs anyway. The smaller ones worked fine along with the thumb pics.

Hi,

I have noticed that since the latest update watching movies from the internal HDD the picture would suddenly pixelate and the sound would become out of sync. The solution I found would be to stop watching and then resume viewing. It does get annoying when it started to happen every 5 mins on a 2.5hr movie.

Any help to resolve this issue would be great.

Cheers

After upgrade yesterday my wd live hub with the latest Firmware Version 3.11.10 the rebooting issue is worse than before. I got thousand of music video clips and when i begin to play the player reboot continously it was impossible to use the wd live hub 1tb.
what could i do?

thx

Try these steps:

1. Clear Media Library (don’t worry, you own’t lose a thing)

2. Reset the device to factory default (unplug power cable right away!)

3. Remove HDMI cable (if connected)

…wait for a minute…

Connect HDMI cable, Power cable, restart device.

jackryan wrote:

After upgrade yesterday my wd live hub with the latest Firmware Version 3.11.10 the rebooting issue is worse than before. I got thousand of music video clips and when i begin to play the player reboot continously it was impossible to use the wd live hub 1tb.
what could i do?

thx

With this new firmware I found an issue while playing MKV’s, to be more specific, while trying to change chapters. After I select a chapter the sound disappears and I have to exit and resume to get the sound back. I don’t know if the issue was present in previous firmwares because it’s the first time I’m using this feature. I tried resetting to factory defaults, but it’s pointless. I’m not using this feature often but it’s still a bug.

It is possible to implement in future updates the possibility to skip chapters from the remote even in MKVs (the ones that have chapters), DVD like? I didn’t know where to post this question, so I posted it here. Sorry if I posted it wrong.

Thank you in advance.

^^The issue is present on all previous fw that I have tried, dating back to 3.07, possibly earlier. You don’t have to exit, just hit eitther of the < > buttons (next to the center ‘OK’ button) and press play again.

For me, just toggling MUTE fixes it.

roflash2k4 wrote:

It is possible to implement in future updates the possibility to skip chapters from the remote even in MKVs (the ones that have chapters), DVD like? I didn’t know where to post this question, so I posted it here. Sorry if I posted it wrong.

That has been request (a long time ago).

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Ideas/Navigation-by-chapters-in-MKV-with-PREV-NEXT-buttons/idi-p/122180