New Release - WD TV Live Hub Firmware Version 3.11.10 (3/28/13)

in new firmvare version 3.11.10 , there is an error i,e its unable to extract fully , only 4 files are appearing after extracting.

wd live tv hub is unable to play 720p AVI video. please help me to get rid of that problem.

thanks

gulabrai wrote:

in new firmvare version 3.11.10 , there is an error i,e its unable to extract fully , only 4 files are appearing after extracting.

There are 5 files in the zip  I just downloaded and viewed via by android tablet.

A ver, info, fff, bin and bi2. Did you download via the WD website linked in the first post in this thread.

Still minimal Australian content :frowning:

:cry:

Please address the RGB High / HDMI color space issue mentioned here and elsewhere:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Firmware/To-WDTV-developers-Why-do-you-hate-so-much-quot-RGB-High-quot/m-p/307818/highlight/true#M194

My best picture is had with 1080p/24fps, however, the following behavior occurs with the Live Hub when this mode is selected:

1)      RGB High is not persistent when putting Live Hub in stand-by, when changing TV to another source and back, turning off power to TV.  When I perform any of these media player changes, Live Hub reverts to RGB Low or CMYK.  Note this does not occur with bluray player connected to same TV also via HDMI.

2)      RGB High, 1080p/24fps is not persistent when powering off Live Hub.  In addition to #1 above, complete power-off also changes the Live Hub to 720i/60, RGB Low or CMYK when power is restored.

3)      1080p/24fps causes navigation of menus to become sluggish compared to 1080p/60 for example
  Only when selecting options including 24fps does this occur.

It’s necessary to perform Settings changes each time a video file is to be played because the TV’s picture settings have been calibrated to RGB High.  I can adjust display settings for RGB-Low or CMWK but is less than optimal compared to RGB High.  Again, a bluray player with RGB High/24 fps connected in the same way as the Live Hub maintains its settings even after being unplugged.

I hope this issue can be remedied with a firmware update.  Thank you for the last firmware update which cleared up a couple of “bugs”, ie: not maintaining the last audio/sub selections after stop re-start of a video.

Just took the new FW and not have the flicker issue across the board. I have a Panasonic projected getting the WD from my Denon receiver.

After reading all the post I see there is not real cure.

Way to go WD, you did it again.

This FW is laggy!!!   When I play a video file and press STOP.  The video stops after a few seconds but the audio still plays for 10-30 seconds after the video stops and I am in the menu.

pause, ff, rew and are super laggy.

Rolled back FW and it works fine, snappy and no lags.

Yeah, this new release is REALLY bad. They need to update it quickly and fix all of these issues.

• Missing cover art

• Very slow, laggy and glitchy.

• Audio plays after movie has stopped (if you can even stop it after pressing stop 4-5 times)

The list goes on and on

FIX THIS PLEASE!

Hi,

I use Deezer app a lot.
After upgrading, the unit systematically reboots whenever I try to play music or a radio

unplugged it
reset to factory defaults
re-entered location (France)
re-signed Deeze account

no better. the functionality is unusable.
Reverting to 3.09.18 fixes the issue.

Please fix this issue.

I’m really disappointed as youtube app (Live Services) that you have provided is still extremly slow and buggy. It takes light years to scroll my playlists and on top of that there is no option of bandwidth control. As a result the default video is played using its highest quality. Now tell me people how many of us really have bandwidth for 1080p !! Requesting developers to please consider this suggestion as well. My sony bravia lcd tv can play videos very well as its having option of bandwidth selction between SD and HD Mode.

So over and above the appallingly laggy performance that others have mentioned my biggest issue since upgrading to 3.11.10 is the performance of iPlayer, which appears to have been completely broken in this version.

I upgraded THREE LiveHubs to this version of firmware and all three are exhibiting the same symptoms:

• No sound - iPlayer will start and play, but with no sound, it takes a reset to get sound, but after I watch any of my files and then go back to iPlayer another time the same issue presents itself
  • About ten minutes into watching a program a banner will pop up on the screen saying “your are now watching with subtitles turned off”, when no change was made to the viewing preferences
  • iPlayer will regularly just stop playing, the swirly circle will come up and I’ll then get booted out to that programs splash screen - I have a gigabit network and fiber broadband, so internet speed is not an issue and wasn’t on my previous version of firmware (I also have a TV with inbuilt iPlayer in the Kitchen that works flawlessly)
  • iPlayer stops playing and displays a 404 error message advising that the there has been an issue with the server or something to that effect.

It cannot be a coincidence that three players previously running firmware version 3.06.14 and that had flawless iPlayer performance are all exhibiting the same issues since upgrading to 3.11.10. 

A factory reset also doesn’t clear the problem.

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Skoobaskunk - I’m in the UK and I have the same issues with iPlayer as the first two in your list. The no-sound one is especially annoying.

New firmware update for the Hub has been released.  This thread is now closed.