New Release - WD TV Live Firmware Version 1.06.43 (1/17/13)

Boxcars - with regard to iPlayer go to page 4 and look for my post.

Hi all,

I suffered from the problem, that after the FW update I didn’t find any Networkshares anymore. Routerreboots helped sometimes. What seems to be a good workaround: I changed from dynamic IP to a static IP. So I set the IP to a static one which is outside of the DHCP range of my router. My router offers IPs from 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.199 so I set the IP to 192.168.2.223. After that my networkshares appeard immerdiately (for 2 days and 3 starts now).

regards, Dave 

Giving my WDTV a static IP fixed share problems for me as well.

WD Tv live supported my 3tb Wd external HDD previously under Version 1.05.04_B firmware, but after the latest update to 1.06.43, it is stop working, just a flesh and it can not recognize anything. So i had to make a downgrade, again. Somebody knows why?

dave187 wrote:

Hi all,

I suffered from the problem, that after the FW update I didn’t find any Networkshares anymore. Routerreboots helped sometimes. What seems to be a good workaround: I changed from dynamic IP to a static IP. So I set the IP to a static one which is outside of the DHCP range of my router. My router offers IPs from 192.168.2.2 - 192.168.2.199 so I set the IP to 192.168.2.223. After that my networkshares appeard immerdiately (for 2 days and 3 starts now).

regards, Dave 

Can you go more into detail about doing this? Not all too familiar with making such changes and it’s affects.

I am using a Cisco/Linksys EA3500 and like to see if this will fix my networking issue.

Hi, I’ve had exactly the same issue my brick is stuck on the updating firmware screen at 0%. Have tried several sticks and a harddrive, combos of fat/fat32 and ntfs. I have tried with and without LAN changing version number both usb ports replacing the underscore with a . and hard reboots with and without usb attached all I get is the updating firmware screen. Am at my wits end pls help!!

FIX: How to find network shares again             

I have just applied the above firmware (thank you very much) but my main issue still exists.

I have a NEW Silverstone DS322B USB 3.0 Dual Bay 3.5 HDD Enclosure that contains 2 NEW Sata II 2.0TB HDD and my WDTV Live unit will only reconize 1 HDD. Is this something that can not be solved yet?

Thank you in anticipation of a positive answer. Kind Regards Tas. Australia

I also have to issue a static IP address when WDTV Live is sitting on the network…DHCP does not work for me at all

Been reading this forum for years and have generally been very happy with the WD TV Live Plus.   But this last release is just too much to take.  I had to register and post my dissapointment with WD.   WD has broken a few features in the past, but rectifyied it in subsequent releases.   This is their final release, expect no more fixes.  

After messing around with this latest release for a few days, I finally decided to go back to the previous release.    It took all of 10 minutes, and the machine is back in action.

I strongly suggest you take the link on how to roll back the firmware and save your time for something more productive.

I’m probably going to buy the new model after reviewing the forums.

JMHO

Regards,

Mark.

Mark42 wrote:

This is their final release, expect no more fixes. 

Says who? I’m expecting their final release to be the one that fixes most problem which the current obviously does not.

Thank you WD, you finally did it. You finally convinced me to never look or buy any of your products or to recommend you to anyone. It took you a year to fix the junk with the one that managed to screw up the disk filesystem with files on it.

1 Like

EvFlap wrote:

Youtube Leanback hangs indefinitely at the YouTube-logo&white bar screen when loading. 

(in this latest release, as in every Firmware (beta) version sinds the introduction of Leanback on the Live.

As in: normal, ‘old’ Youtube worked perfectly, Leanback has never gotten beyond the point of just showing the Youtube logo on a black screen)

Please advise on how to solve this, so I can finaly use YouTube(LB)?

Are you using some kind of contentfilter? I had the same issue, cause i was blocking facebook.com in my router-firewall. After deactivating the filter everything went fine.

dunklerpunkt

It says on the release 1.06.43 download page this is their final release.

I blocked that address and it does prevent the “new firmware found” message from coming up every time its started.   But there is a problem blocking that address.   Netflix will not work.  It reports that it cannot connect.   So I am assuming that there is something on the support site that is needed by the Netflix app.

Is there a way of updating the roll back firmware to be a higher version?    BTW, just updating WDTVLIVE2.VER with notepad does not change the version on the player itsself.   It still shows as 1.06.16_B, and finds the newer version. 

Well, Bill, this “fix” seemed to work pretty well as far as getting Network Shares to work.

I am running Windows Home Server 2011 with the WDTVLIVEPLUS hard wired via ethernet cable.    The WD also has its own account on the server.  

I had previously rolled back to 1.06.16 because AVI did not play and the Network Shares were so unstable.   That is where my WD was at when I took the steps you posted.   Now the network shares show up instantly after the WD boots up.   No waiting.   And it boots up much faster than after 1.06.43 was installed the first time.  

Either reinstalling a second time, or the “reset to factory defaults” did the trick for me.

BUT…

AVI video files STILL will not play (when they did before).   This is critical, as the majority of the video on the WHS 2011 is home video shot with digital cameras.     So it appears that I will be rolling back again in order to play home video in avi format. 

Thanks,

Mark.

"Resolved HDMI video output settings being forced to unsupported resolution when setting to auto. "

I thing the problem is still available with ver. 1.06.43.

My WD TV Live is connected via HAMA 0.95 m HDMI-HDMI to my receiver SONY STR-DA3400ES. If the HDMI resolution is set to auto the picture is with illegible letters and all is on squares like very low resolution.

Sorry for my eng

Bill, why is this thread not stickied like the Plus one is?

Lz2Kc wrote:

If the HDMI resolution is set to auto the picture is with illegible letters and all is on squares like very low resolution.

Same her with one of my TVs that’s only capable of 1080i. When set to auto it somehow can’t handshake to a high resolution but falls back to 480p so I have to set it manually. On the newer TV which can do all resolutions this works just fine.

@ Nehptis

I don’t know. It is now.