New Release - WD Sentinel Server Recovery ISO and Software ver. 1.5.7.30 (1/4/13)

WD is happy to announce the release of its Sentinel Server Recovery Image and Current Software version 1.5.7.30 updates.

NOTE: WD recommends that your WD Sentinel DX4000 have the latest Microsoft Update Rollup 4 (Microsoft KB# 2757013) installed prior to applying this software update.

Please feel free to post your experiences in this thread.

both links to supportbeta fail for me?

Sorry about that.  Now try it.

More better :slight_smile:

And you mean you need/should have UR4 before aplying the firmware update.  As in zero bearing on the recovery iso?

As well if windows updates is on and the box is up to date, UR4 should allready be there.  View windows updates history arond 12/13/12

Gramps wrote:

More better :slight_smile:

And you mean you need/should have UR4 before aplying the firmware update.  As in zero bearing on the recovery iso?

As well if windows updates is on and the box is up to date, UR4 should allready be there.  View windows updates history arond 12/13/12

I’m not sure what bearing UR4 would have on the recovery iso, but I would definitely make sure that you have it.  I would check the Microsoft KB article and see if you can verify how you know you have it.

A warning for anyone using alternative iSCSI software before this update:

- The new StarWind iSCSI Target will interfere with existing iSCSI software. I had to disable the two StarWind related services in order to restore my LDisk-D iSCSI Target add-in.

Not a very courteous thing for WD to do when they know there are other software solutions out there. Luckily I caught this before too many of my backups through iSCSI failed.

1 Like

I agree…We had the same problem with this new release. LDisk-D iSCSI has been very solid and we never had any issues with it. That is why as soon as we saw we can not access the iSCSI volumes anymore, we suspected this WD update and made the same change you did…Big company like WD had to be a little more courteous to its customers and inform them about the changes that could cause issues.

Hey,

are y’all still running with 2gb of ram or did you upgrade to 4gb with your ISCSI software use?

Due to new release, this thread is now closed.