New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.32.05-044 (9/5/12)

Why aren’t anyone (Bill for instance) changing the original post and the title of this thread so that people know that the update has been pulled without having to read through the thread?

I went ahead and posted the firmware’s removal on the first post.  We originally didn’t feel it was necessary because the firmware was pulled, and there weren’t going to be any further notifications on other user’s drives. 

Hello,

if this firmware was pulled then why is it still being advertised in the Latest Support News and Updates on the website?

I am also having trouble with the online setup software as it says i need to update to the latest firmware, but it already is so i cant progress any further! I have put in a support request but so far i have been told to reboot the drive which didnt work and then told to reset the drive that didnt work.

Maybe the online setup is refering to the firmware update that has been removed and the setup software needs to be set back to the previous version. I have had the mybooklive for a week now and all i seem to have is problems. I expected more from Western Digital. Maybe i should take it back to pcworld and get my money back. Seems a shame! i think i will see what reply i get from this post!

@neverin

→ i think i will see what reply i get from this post!

Unfortunately, all I can say in regard to specific help with this problem is “don’t hold your breath.”

Several people have asked how to roll back, and as far as I can see, WD has completely ignored the question - or have I missed something?

WD is happy to release the My Book Live firmware patch 2.32.05-144. This release contains specific fixes for devices running firmware version 2.32.05-044

• Please continue posting your exeriences in this thread.

@Bill_S

Quick question, once the patch is applied

If say I wanted to re-apply the firmware which has had to have been on previous firmwares for many reasons

is the patch going to effect the ability to re-apply current firmware

hopefully not, and I of course understand that the patch would then have to be re-applied

Thanks

Update went fine, takes a long time to reboot

Now a problem still persists… When I direct connect LAN the MBL to the PC, I cannot access its shares thourgh:

Run, \(ip_address)\public

an error pops out “the device is not set up to accept connections on port The File and Printer Sharing (SMB”

although, I can still see the MBL when I want to map the drive. 

On the side note, I will be trying to un-install and re-install the drivers from the .iso (found at WD website) and will see the outcome

Hmm. Neither of my MBLs will download the patch… 

It was not a new drive, it had data on it.

It’s been rebooted twice now and I’m still seeing the “mystery” alerts.

Your link to   firmware patch 2.32.05-144 is dead (‘cannot display web page’). The new (latest) firmware does not fix the remote access port forwarding problem with Cisco E4200 routers, which renders remote functionality useless.

This new patch made Time Machine backups painfully slow (I’ve rebooted computer, router and MBL, tried using guest and admin account)…

Hi,

This is far beyong ridiculous now, £210GBP i paid for my 3TB  MBL, which i might add is alot of money,

im utterly dissapointed with the device, it simply does not work as advertised,

its slow at transferring files.

it will not go to sleep.

Twonky doesnt work.

the drive is always active doing “something” it makes lots of noise, (disk access and thumping noises)

i cant access files from outside of my own lan. (main reason for buying the device)

i could have spent £80GBP LESS and got something else, from another supplier, but i went with WD because

they were a trusted supplier in the past with other drives, i feel really let down with these updates guys,

i honestly cant beleive the consistant problems were having with these firmware updates, i make mods for games

in my spare time and from time to time i have bugs in my code, some of my mods are not small yet, i know exactly what the problems are as soon as they are reported, i know my own code, surely it is the same for you guys,

its not hard to debug some code (which you wrote so should know) and apply a real fix,

maybe its time to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch, instead of trying to apply more buggy code

to an already broken platform.

This is simply not good enough.

LOL!!! what the [edited]  WD?

Release an upgrade then screw the download link.

Hate the jump on the hate train here but you guys look like massive noobs right now…

What… A… Joke…

TheD0m1n0 wrote:

Hi,

This is far beyong ridiculous now, £210GBP i paid for my 3TB  MBL, which i might add is alot of money,

im utterly dissapointed with the device, it simply does not work as advertised,

its slow at transferring files.

it will not go to sleep.

Twonky doesnt work.

the drive is always active doing “something” it makes lots of noise, (disk access and thumping noises)

i cant access files from outside of my own lan. (main reason for buying the device)

i could have spent £80GBP LESS and got something else, from another supplier, but i went with WD because

they were a trusted supplier in the past with other drives, i feel really let down with these updates guys,

i honestly cant beleive the consistant problems were having with these firmware updates, i make mods for games

in my spare time and from time to time i have bugs in my code, some of my mods are not small yet, i know exactly what the problems are as soon as they are reported, i know my own code, surely it is the same for you guys,

its not hard to debug some code (which you wrote so should know) and apply a real fix,

maybe its time to go back to the drawing board and start from scratch, instead of trying to apply more buggy code

to an already broken platform.

This is simply not good enough.

Hmm! I don’t think I’ll get caught again with another of their famous firmware updates.  I’ll let others tell me about the issues first.  Caught out twice before but not a third time.  Not sure what your transfer rates are like but on my iMac I’ve never achieved over 10mbps using a Sky Netgear router via Ethernet.  Time Machine has always been a disaster though which is why I use a dedicated USB HD for TM backups.  Not a good idea to put data and TM backups on same drive in any event.

am also having trouble with the online setup software as it says i need to update to the latest firmware, but it already is so i cant progress any further! I have put in a support request but so far i have been told to reboot the drive which didnt work and then told to reset the drive that didnt work.

Maybe the online setup is refering to the firmware update that has been removed and the setup software needs to be set back to the previous version.

Don’t use the online setup software until the next update is released. As you surmised, the new setup software is checking for that firmware release or higher. With the need to pull down the last update, this was an unfortunate side affect.

To answer my own question, the answer is yes

You can re-apply the firmware, and will then have to re-apply the patch

Uh, I logged into my My Book Live and clicked Check for Update and it’s telling me there aren’t any updates.

I currently have 02.11.09-053 installed.

Does the update have to be installed from a file?

Also the update link is bad.  This one works:

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfmb_live23205