New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.32.05-044 (9/5/12)

Last night at some point my 3TB My Book Live lost it’s network connection and had a red light waiting for me.

I was able to power cycle the device and it came back online, but the bad news was that it happened in the middle of transferring 400+ GB of data to it…

Seems like this firmware wasn’t even tested.

I updated to MyBookLive 02.32.05-044 : Core F/W a few days ago, and since then I’ve been getting useless alerts that look like below. I was not seeing these with previous versions. Is this a known issue?

Following events are generated on your MyBookLive .

Event title:????????

Event description:????????

Severity:info

Event code:

Event time:09-15-2012 08:50:49 AM

Firmware version:	02.32.05-044

I’ve spent over a week reading the posts here and looking for a miracle solution.

Tried everything (manually downgrading…) and it jus got from bad to worse.

Eventually I lost both UI and SSH access.

Initially I had access to my folders over the network but as matters got worse I even lost that.

Today I followed the [Guide] How to unbrick a totally dead MBL by nfodix.

Took the HDD out of the enclosure and connected to a Windows PC but before proceeding with the protocol in the guide I downloaded Linux Reader and backed up all my data.

Took me a while to learn and execute the various steps but it was worth the effort!

I have a working device and all my data is intact!

A big thanx to nfodix !!!

As for WD and their lousy update…unbelievable.

Good luck guys :smiley:

Where I can found link for download…

Maybe its can help me with my Twonky problem

Here’s the link,

[Guide]  How to unbrick a totally dead MBL

P.S. I followed the first option (not to erase the data) and it worked like a charm.

Steve

Still no sign of the promised re-release of the failed firmware update? Who’s taking bets on 2 months again? 

Hello WD, when does the new firmware comes out?

Please give us a little feedback!

1 Like

When I posted last Thursday, I was personally (not from WD) anticipating the fixed update to be released sometime this week.  Whether this week or next, I’m still anticipating sometime soon.  It just depends on what testing produces.  That’s not something we can control. 

If something changes, I will post it in this thread.  We are very sorry that we had to pull the update, but we are working to get it right back out to you.

How about a list of known issues to be fixed so we at least know what to except and what we’re waiting for?

That I wouldn’t know.  Right now, I would assume we’re working on the most immediate fixes that caused issues with the update. 

Well, I’m seeing alerts filled with question marks but no one else seems to be, so for all I know I’m the only person seeing this and it’s not slated to be fixed as it’s unreproducible.

Bill_S wrote:

That I wouldn’t know.  Right now, I would assume we’re working on the most immediate fixes that caused issues with the update. 

Do you know why WD doesn’t offer a way of rolling back to an earlier firmware?

philippBZ wrote:

Well, I’m seeing alerts filled with question marks but no one else seems to be, so for all I know I’m the only person seeing this and it’s not slated to be fixed as it’s unreproducible.

Can you post a screen shot of what you’re seeing?  Also, you have it exactly right.  If we can’t reproduce it, it won’t get any traction.  But, sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.  

Already did. See my earlier postings. Also, see Flood’s posting as well.

Seems he/she is also seeing it.

So at least I’m not the only one.

philippBZ wrote:

Already did. See my earlier postings. Also, see Flood’s posting as well.

Seems he/she is also seeing it.

So at least I’m not the only one.

I’m checking to see if this was reported.  If it wasn’t we will report it.  However, I can’t guarantee any fixes in this next firmware update.  Did you say that you couldn’t reproduce it?  What did you do after you updated the firmware?  Reboot the drive?  Reset it?

The drive rebooted itself as part of the firmware update.

I’ve reported this via the support channels, but they’re incredibly slow about getting back any sort of confirmation.

As the message itself contains no useful content to tell me what caused it, reproducing it is difficult.

Also, as soon as I get one, if I go to the web interface on the unit itself I don’t see any pending alerts, which is odd.

In prior versions of software a real alert would show up as an email plus as a red exclamation mark link on the web interface.

Now I don’t see that.

That’s most likely because, if you’re talking about a new drive, it already has the lastest firmware on it.  Which is two firmwares back, now.  We did escalate the issue.  However, if the reboot fixed it, then that could be normal or acceptable.  It’s not unusual for there to be “strange” behaviors after an update, but before a restart.  That’s why we recommend doing reboots and resets, when users encounter issues after an update.  If that fixes it, then everything is okay.  It’s when it doesn’t fix it that there can be a problem needing further investigation.

Maybe i’m missing something but the link on the first post takes me to an old version of firmware…has the latest version been removed due to issues people are having?

Seeing the same.  No new firmware.  Can’t setup my drive because it says I don’t have the latest.  I’ll likely be returning this tomorrow.  Way too much work for something that’s supposed to be plug and play.

Hello WD,

i have get my money back and bought a new one from Seagate!

Hope that you learn from your update politic!

Bye WD