New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.32.05-044 (9/5/12)

Just a suggestion : as a compensation for the inconvenience WD could also include a new version of Twonky in the new firmware version …

Robbielj wrote:

come on, give some credit to the WD peoples. they are already working on it.

It is actually unrealistic to find a product with flawless firmware updates all the time. Not apple, not microsoft, not samsung.  

So just wait patiently. 

This isn’t about flawless updates, this is about pulling an update TWICE in a row without offering any help to roll back to a version they officially support. So we’re stuck with non-functioning devices until next time they decide to release a firmware update - and they don’t even give any kind of indication of when it will be.

Please give me an example of when Apple, Microsoft or Samsung have done something like this.

Here’s the problem.

WD issues firmware – it has problems – then there’s a boatload of people who complain “Why doesn’t WD PULL THIS FIRMWARE???”

and

WD issues firmware – it has problems – WD Pulls the firmware – then there’s the boatload of people who complain “Why DID WD PULL THIS FIRMWARE”

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Here’s the problem.

WD issues firmware – it has problems – then there’s a boatload of people who complain “Why doesn’t WD PULL THIS FIRMWARE???”

and

WD issues firmware – it has problems – WD Pulls the firmware – then there’s the boatload of people who complain “Why DID WD PULL THIS FIRMWARE”

It’s not about them pulling the firmware, it’s about them pulling the firmware without the option of rolling back - meaning all those who updated during those first couple of days are stuck with all the problems that came with the firmware. When this happens the first time and it takes two months for them to come with a new firmware update, it’s very disrespectful. Especially since they keep the thread and original post in a way that it makes all those not aware of what’s happening believe there is a new firmware available.

When it happens with the next update as well, it’s just getting plain ridiculous.

They break what we paid for, then they don’t give us the option to downgrade. When they finally come with a fix, it breaks more things for more people, and they still don’t give us the option to downgrade.

I’m not a software engineer, but I would gladely have someone explain the reason why WD literally can’t offer us a way to downgrade the firmware.

HalexF:  I agree with YOUR comments.  My comments were just the general.  ;)

HalexF wrote:> This isn’t about flawless updates, this is about pulling an update TWICE in a row without offering any help to roll back to a version they officially support. So we’re stuck with non-functioning devices until next time they decide to release a firmware update - and they don’t even give any kind of indication of when it will be.

Please give me an example of when Apple, Microsoft or Samsung have done something like this.

well, i think apple also limits firmware downgrade on idevice if i remember correctly.

anyway, there is no much point in discussing this.

If you have enabled SSH, you may try an unofficial approach as this states

echo "02.01.06" > /etc/version

forcing a firmware update by making WD live think it is dated. since faulted firmware has been pulled, you will get the good old one.

I did it successfully the last time restoring to an older firmware.

1 Like

Robbielj wrote:

well, i think apple also limits firmware downgrade on idevice if i remember correctly.

anyway, there is no much point in discussing this.

If you have enabled SSH, you may try an unofficial approach as this states

echo “02.01.06” > /etc/version

forcing a firmware update by making WD live think it is dated. since faulted firmware has been pulled, you will get the good old one.

I did it successfully the last time restoring to an older firmware.

It’s super easy in other words, so why is WD not releasing a small script and sending out a notice to those with the pulled firmware that they can roll back if they want to?

The level of inconsideration for their customers seems to be larger than I thought.

1 Like

This 2.32.05-44 is really a pain in the neck. In order for you to share the MBL folders with other computers you have to make everything public and delete all users.

Never had so many problems with my MBL till updating the firmware. I hope the new firmware corrects this

Yeah - I have three of these now… and 1 is still working… and the newest one I just bought (to replace #2, that failed and froze… in the update process I might add), hasn’t worked since day one. I get the share error… the users error, but I can  store files. I go to look for a firmware update and find this thread. **bleep** is this company doing??? Great product, but where is the Customer service? - Update… ooops, no… we %$^ed up… sorry, oh - your product no worky?.. ooops too bad! You wait! and wait… and wait. Seriously… Bill, I feel for you… and I have done your job… but this is rediculous! Give us somethingto go on! Hope… a date… a plan… anything. Please.

Put my life on it? - (Lower right) - I don’t think so…

Jukem22 wrote:

Yeah - I have three of these now… and 1 is still working… and the newest one I just bought (to replace #2, that failed and froze… in the update process I might add), hasn’t worked since day one. I get the share error… the users error, but I can  store files. I go to look for a firmware update and find this thread. **bleep** is this company doing??? Great product, but where is the Customer service? - Update… ooops, no… we %$^ed up… sorry, oh - your product no worky?.. ooops too bad! You wait! and wait… and wait. Seriously… Bill, I feel for you… and I have done your job… but this is rediculous! Give us somethingto go on! Hope… a date… a plan… anything. Please.

We are working on a fix for this right now .  Hopefully, it will be released really soon.  We are intending to get this firmware back out to you as fast as we can.

Helge_Lu wrote:

Hi.

Got a brand new My Book Live yesterday. After the firmware update I cannot make new shares (error code 33166)

or add new users: (error code 32102).

I also cannot access the Tools tab (#ui-tabs-2278) in the UI which makes it impossible for a factory reset. When i try to access it just says “please wait” forever…

Is there another way to reset the system? 

This is really annoying behavior from a 2 day old product.

Hope this can be solved…

I have 100% the same problem with same errors. My MBL is 1 month old. Please, help us somebody from WD? 

I’ve encountered an odd issue that I haven’t seen mentioned after upgrading to this version of firmware.  For about a month I ran on the previous version and had e-mail alerts set up and would get the occasional “network down” alert when I’d lose my network so it seemed to work as configured.  Since upgrading to 02.32.05-044 I get a temperature alert every few hours with temperature normal/ 

Following events are generated on your MyBookLive xxxxxxxxxx.

Event title:Temperature normal

Event description:The system temperature is within the normal specified temperature range.

Severity:info

Event code:2003

Event time:09-13-2012 03:26:25 PM

Firmware version:    02.32.05-044

I’m glad the temperature is normal, not sure why I’m getting an alert about it every few hours though.  It seems to come at random times when there is little or no activity.  Just odd.  I want to be alerted when something happens sure but not a temp alert at random times.

hello, i am new here so please forgive this daft sounding post!

How do i get hold of the latest release 02.32.05-044 as when i go to the update page it shows release notes for the previous version which i have?

can anyone help?

neverin wrote:

hello, i am new here so please forgive this daft sounding post!

How do i get hold of the latest release 02.32.05-044 as when i go to the update page it shows release notes for the previous version which i have?

can anyone help?

I am also having this problem, came out to update my device after I got an e-mail earlier about the update. Device now states there’s no new update and all the links take me to the 2.11 update.

Edit: Nvm, found the answer…

Bill_S wrote:

Folks,

We pulled the firmware update down, because we found an issue with the remote access servers when multiple people were connected.  This was something we did not find in our internal testing. We hope to get this fixed and published as soon as we can.

I will leave this thread open so we can continue to hear from those of you that did successfully update your firmware.

Bill_S

I have updata sucessfully to 02.32.05-044 .But I found mybook live would never be supend…the light is always green. The light will trun blue when I use 02.11 firmware.Is there a problem with the newest firmware?

Cheetah wrote:

I have updata sucessfully to 02.32.05-044 .But I found mybook live would never be supend…the light is always green. The light will trun blue when I use 02.11 firmware.Is there a problem with the newest firmware?

Hi Cheetah,

It seems that there is a problem with getting the drive to enter sleep mode with this update, the only way around it for now is by turning off Remote Access. 

I get this exact same email in addition to

Following events are generated on your MyBookLive .

Event title:???

Event description:???

Severity:info

Event code:

Event time:09-15-2012 12:02:06 AM

Firmware version:       02.32.05-044

After browsing this thread, I think the phrase “if it aint broke, don’t fix it” applies!

I think I’ll pass thanks WD

Cheers

Dave

1 Like

Flood, I have also been receiving these blank, ??? filled e-mails as well since upgrading to this version of the firmware.