New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.11.12-060 (6/26/12)

WDTony wrote:

It will be a week or two before the update is put back up. We need additional testing (I know … don’t say it) to cover some areas that came up in the upgrade process (certain version code levels were not upgrading correctly).

It’s been over 2 weeks.  Any update on what’s going on?

I’m already using the latest firmware (MyBookLive 02.11.12-060 : Core F/W), I managed to upgrade to the latest firmware before the firmware is being pulled-out by WD.

I encouter the following problem:

The WD2GO webpage indicated NAS connected, but not able to access.  I’m not able to use the WD2GO application to connect to my NAS as well.

Further check, the WD2GO webpage is the previous Public IP.  I believe the problem is related to the WD’s Dynamic DNS (for the NAS) which is still referring to the previous Public IP instead of the lastest Public IP; because when I ping the mybooklive.device######.wd2go.com, the reply IP address was different public IP from my current one (which I belive it was my previous public IP).

I tried to disconnected the NAS network cable (wait for 20 mins) and reconnect it, however the MBL still shown as “Connected.  Port forwarding connection established”, and the WD2GO Dynamic DNS still refering to previous Public IP.

Is there any way or script that able to force the update of the WD2GO Dynamic DNS (let say every hour, or every 30mins)?  I really hope WD will resolve the problem when the new firmware is release again.

Jimmy

Morac wrote:

WDTony wrote:

It will be a week or two before the update is put back up. We need additional testing (I know … don’t say it) to cover some areas that came up in the upgrade process (certain version code levels were not upgrading correctly).

It’s been over 2 weeks.  Any update on what’s going on?

It might be better to skip this version completely, and to release a new 03.00 version, with new a versions of software (like TwonkyServer, netatalk, etc.), that will be solving people problems, instead of making new ones.

Looks like it has now been three weeks since Schwan said it has been 2 weeks since WDTony said it would be a week.  :-)

Seems like some new news should be available now.  I note that my MyBookLive has been updated to:

Firmware version:       02.11.12-060

I am trying to find out what has been fixed in this version.  Mostly I am having issues with WDPhoto…

jwcm98 wrote: 

I tried to disconnected the NAS network cable (wait for 20 mins) and reconnect it, however the MBL still shown as “Connected.  Port forwarding connection established”, and the WD2GO Dynamic DNS still refering to previous Public IP.

Is there any way or script that able to force the update of the WD2GO Dynamic DNS (let say every hour, or every 30mins)?  I really hope WD will resolve the problem when the new firmware is release again.

Jimmy

It’s supposed to update every 2 minutes so my guess is something got hosed.  Try turning off remote access, wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on.

I uploaded manually from the downloaded file and the upgrade is stuck @ 1% … **bleep**

make that 10%

so should i update to  2.11.09 - 053?

where are u guys seeing 02.11.12-060?

Some  people saw some problems with the last upgrade for the MyBook Live, so that firmware was pulled by WD.  Others seemed  to not have a problem with the last upgrade, but I’m waiting for the issues to be resolved.

I am happy with the latest firmware.  Seems to be working well, and since I turned off the Twonky and iTunes servers, it is now processing my photos much more quickly.  It is now up to 120K photos, and seems to be adding about 15k per day.  My drive currently has about 300k photos on it.

Life is good, my fingers are crossed.

my wd2go and mybooklive portal is telling me to upgrade…im guessing they re-released it?  

im not updating this thing at all because if u check thread i just made, everything is working flawlessly now! 

Hi Morac,

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried to disconnect the MBL from the network for a long period (since I’m copying files directly from my notebook to MBL using 1Gbit direct connection), later when I plug back to the network, and tried on the WD2GO login, it was successful.  It seems that after the network being disconnected from the network / internet, the agent will then try to update Dynamic DNS update for WD2GO is successful.

I had tested your suggestion, but it was not successfully, not sure why.  It seems I had to disconnect it from the network / internet before it will work again?  Look like the MBL Dynamic DNS Update agent is the main contribution to the problem, not the MBL setting itself.

Ok so maybe a little stupid question:

• I am not very geeky so using terminal to install some firmware on my My Book Live scares me.

• I am currently not able to play .mkv files from my My Book Live on my Samsung TV (over USB it works)

However this update we keep hearing of, will that support .mkv? I have searched the forums and heard about “Twonky 6.0+” supporting these formats.

I would really really really like to stream .mkv content on my TV, up to now the MyBook Live has been a dissapointment and rather useless as I wanted to use it to stream media to my Smart TV.

In the case be that WD lets people down (the last 5 pages on this thread have not given me high hopes), is there a way someone could walk me through installing Twonky? I am on a Mac (mountain lion) and my WD version is 02.11.09-053 : Core F/W

The MBL does in fact support streaming of mkv files over wireless. My WD Live media player will play the mkvs over wireless from my MBL without issue. I think your problem is your Samsung TV doesn’t support mkvs over wireless from the Twonky server included with the MBL, I have 2 such TVs, a version C (2010) & D (2011) and neither supports mkv over wireless.

I don’t think any MBL firmware update will solve the problem, a SamsungTV firmware update may.

As a work-around I remuxed my mkvs to mp4s which SamsungTVs happily support over wireless, both SD & HD streams from the MBL.

Barry

I don’t know if upgrading Twonky will work but that may invalidate any warranty on your MBL

MyBookLive 02.11.09-053 : Core F/W

that is the firmware on my MBL and when i click check for updates, it returns i have the latest.

guess i’ll DL the file and do it manually

MyBookLive 02.11.09-053 : Core F/W

i’ve tried updating via manual file, web interface returns update successful, but i still have the old firmware being listed.

If you read back through this thread you will see that there were problems with the 60 release .
Some people got it to update but most had problems.
WD pulled it back.
They have not come back with a new version yet so 53 is the latest.

Hi vFALm,

Do you have the 02.11.12-060 FW file?

If so I really need to get a copy so I can reload it on my system.

Is there anyway you can make it available for me to download?

Thanks,

Kevin

me eyes deceived me, it was the .53. wrongly assumed when i wen to the firmware DL link.  my mistake

Still no update!?

:mansad: