New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.11.12-060 (6/26/12)

Koningjapie wrote:

Still no update!?

:mansad:

Nope. No new bugs released yet. :wink:

I’ve been told there will be no new FW release until at the earliest mid September!

That is why I’m trying to get a copy of the 02.11.12-060 FW so I can reload it on my system to solve an “ssh” login issue.

So if anyone has a copy please let me download it!

Kevin

• deleted -

I found a link:

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-021112-060-20120607.deb

Could u tell me if it works?

I downloaded the file but not sure if this can be trusted…

update: I tested it myself and it works fine with me… had no problems installing!

The last official posting said that the firmware would be rereleased the first or second week of July.   That was over a month ago.  I take it they’ve given up on re-releasing this firmware and are simply going to skip to the next one.

Why they left the sticky in the forum saying that 02.11.12-060 is the latest firmware though is beyond me, because officially it’s not.

I left this up, for us to see if other types of issues showed up.  Also, you are right.  They won’t re-release this same one.  they’re most likely still testing the fixes from the last one, and that would make it a different update all together.  I don’t have a timeline for the next update, but there will be one.

Hi Koningjaple,

I tried your link but the file is no longer available.

Do you still have the file?

If so can you make it available to. Me for download?

Thanks,

Kevin

Got my MBL 2TB at Costco last week. I was excited about the advertised features. After installation in my LAN, MBL offered ‘firmware’ update to 02.11.09-053, and I took it. Automatic remote configuration through uPNP is buggy. I’m using it with a Cisco/Linksys E4200 router, which I know is controllable via uPNP, because it works perfectly with other software. I manually configured port forward (high ports externally/WAN forwarded to 80/443 on MBL. After I provide this info, why doesn’t MBL use uPNP to configure my router???). MBL now cycles between port forward connection and relay, as reported by Morac and others–more bugs.

Questions:

1.  Was update 02.11.09-053 supposed to contain fixes for Port Forward bugs?

2.  If so, why is my port forward configuration still not working reliably?

3.  If not, when will WD release a version that fixes these problems?

4. Does WD have a technical spec. that details the brokering of connections between MBL and remote devices?

If not, they need one. As a software engineer, I’m very concerned about the security of remote access of these devices, and until I understand completely how they work, I won’t spec. them for clients, and won’t trust that they are secure–especially since they are known to be buggy! It is great to obscure the details from typical end user for purposes of ease of use, but if you want engineers to help you sell your products, you need to provide more technical information.

WD needs to reassure customers  that they are addressing problems and that they will be fixed. Silence is not reassuring. If there is a better site that let’s customers know that you are making progress on making this product more reliable, please let me know. 

MumblingFumbler wrote:

I manually configured port forward (high ports externally/WAN forwarded to 80/443 on MBL. After I provide this info, why doesn’t MBL use uPNP to configure my router???   …  if you want engineers to help you sell your products …

… because by providing MANUAL information, UPnP is no longer necessary.  But as an engineer, you would know that, right?  ;) 

If I’m entering it manually in the web UI, and the uPNP were working, there would be no reason to have to configure my router manually as well. You should no that, right, wise guy?

I think someone should let Level 2 no what is going on.  I just paid to open port 80 on Optimum Cablevision.  Which I’m reading is a security issue.  Remote access worked before that last firmware.

Level 2 now told me to advance RMA the live, which I can’t on a credit card.  And what am I going to get a new one with the latest firmware on it.  No thanks Just fix this one like yesterday.

I don’t know if I should close port 80 or not now.  It is closed by default.(HTTP) 443 is (HTTPS) and is open and doesn’t foward either. I just did a quick reset.  Had a remote direct connection for about one minute and back to that relay that does not work. So now I"m doing a complete restore.  Hope this works. Will that last firmware be gone I hope?

And I paid for the port 80 because Level 2 told me I had to.

We are looking into some behaviors with the Cisco E4200 router.

For those of you with the Cisco E4200 router, please send me a PM with your contact information and I will add you to a list to E-Mail or call when we have a resolution.

Install Twonky 7x

http://mybookworld.wikidot.com/forum/t-459592/complete-guide-to-upgrade-to-twonky-7-version-my-book-live-o

Apparantly mencoder depends on libsmbclient which depends on samba and samba-common etc…

Managed to install all deps needed for mencoder except for that one as it breaks samba on the NAS.

Huh i was replying on my thread, delete this and the above please lol.

Hi Barry,

I installed Twonky 7 and everything works great (no thanks to WD and I had to spend 8Euros myself)! 

Before when I would stream .mkv files from my MBL to my Samsung TV over LAN cable it would not wor k(never tried wireless streaming, for 10Gb .mkv files I would assume it gets too choppy). Now it does and I can finally use the MBL for what I bought it for…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-Live/My-Book-Live-3Tb-Samsung-40es5500-8Gb-HD-movies-Incorrect-file/m-p/450912

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Koningjapie for uploading the Firmware Version 02.11.12-060 for me.

I downloaded it and installed it on my 2TB. drive with no problems, and as predicted it solved my “SSH” lockout problem!

Pity WD support were’nt able to help me :frowning:

If anyone else needs this FW just let me know.

Again a big thanks to Koningjapie!!!

I was successful in updating to -060 six weeks ago.

It seems that most of the issues were in regards to getting it installed.  What are the issues that I should be aware of?  For example, WDPhotos has stalled for good now.  Reboots don’t help, MIOCrawler is still going, i don’t want to reset my database, because it took it 4 weeks to process 247k photos, of the hoped for 310k.

Since it reset my database last time I did a firmware upgrade, I am hanging on to the hope that my next upgrade will actually go all the way.  :slight_smile:

Thanks for any info I can get!  :slight_smile:

Warren

Guys, we just released a new firmware update for the My Book Live.  I am closing his thread now.