New Release - Firmware Version 1.13.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/24/13)

Techflaws wrote:

spearfish wrote:

If an item was purchased by a consumer because of an advertised function then after the contract was formed  that function was deleted or changed  and by no fault of the purchaser then I think the customer can feel aggrieved that WD has basically stolen the consumers money and situation is worthy of investigating relevant consumer guarantee laws.

Right, but how often has that happened? Off the top of my head I can’t remember any advertised function being “stolen” by one of the firmware updates and I’m sure WD is pretty bummed about these bugs too. As it turns out, several issues really seem to be due to incompatibilities. So without having all those hardware available to test, these bugs are pretty hard to reproduce let alone hunt down.

Perhaps stolen is to strong a word perhaps I should have said,> pushing the same button to do the same thing I did before the update and while using the same hardware and files on that hardware it no longer does that thing without hunting down the solution to “my problem” on the web.> 2 of the units I had were with people without  the technical ability to understand how to fix what was working just a few mins ago.> 3 are with people who nearly threw out the box last time, mine is in a draw in a desk replaced with an old pc running media software, clunky but it works.