New Release - Firmware Version 1.13.18 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (1/24/13)

spearfish wrote:

If an item was purchased by a consumer because of an advertised function then after the contract was formed  that function was deleted or changed  and by no fault of the purchaser then I think the customer can feel aggrieved that WD has basically stolen the consumers money and situation is worthy of investigating relevant consumer guarantee laws.

Right, but how often has that happened? Off the top of my head I can’t remember any advertised function being “stolen” by one of the firmware updates and I’m sure WD is pretty bummed about these bugs too. As it turns out, several issues really seem to be due to incompatibilities. So without having all those hardware available to test, these bugs are pretty hard to reproduce let alone hunt down.

Beveled wrote:

Unable to switch the composite display into PAL mode, via menu or pressing reset button for 10 secs. I’ve done the usual factory resets.

I’m watching on a PAL CRT just fine. Even after watching over HDMI with another TV, the SMP automatically falls back when connected via Composite.

squidwardbob wrote:

In my situation, I am streaming .wtv TV Show files recorded from my Win7 MC PC to the Pi.  […] Try my situation on the WD box…  I first had to convert the files to dvr-ms, then try firmware after firmware version until I found one where they played half-correctly.

.wtv files? What are those? Is the SMP advertized as being able to play those?

XBMC rules, no doubt about that. Howerver, apart from the fact that you need to buy extra stuff for the Raspberry (enclosure, power adapter, remote control, SD card) its DTS problems render it useless for me cause I rip all my Blu-rays without transcoding anything.