New Release - Firmware Version 1.10.13 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (7/26/12)

Mozilfox wrote:

After updating Firmware Version 1.10.13 for wD TV Live Streaming Media Player I have noticed the following problem.  The problem only appears to happen with DVD ISO files. When playing a DVD ISO file if I press the pause button the movie will pause for a few seconds but won’t stay paused. instead,  the movie will continue to play unless I press the stop button, So, for my DVD ISO files only it happens with every movie. The Pause does not stay paused. Any other file TS, or Blu-Ray ISO files the Pause button will remain paused the way it should normally work. I have another WD player exactly like this one but I will not update the firmware on it because of this problem.  If i use the other player the same DVD ISO files when Paused stay paused. It is a minor problem but a problem none the less. If there is a fix for this I hope that it can be resolved soon. Now, if I have to pause the movie momentarily on the updated firmware player I have to click stop instead of pause. Not a big deal but it worked properly before this firmware update.

I’m on the same FW and I can’t reproduce this with any of my DVD ISO files.

I’ve tried with my Harmony remote and the WD remote and both pause the ISO and it stays paused.

How long does it stay paused for (exact time)? Does the ISO play immediately after pausing it?

What program do you make your ISO files with?

Also have you tried rolling back to an older FW then doing the update again?

As usual I updated from USB flash drive (with 2 resets in the process) and it went smoothly. So far no issues (but nothing fixed either).

I tried the latest firmware but it gave me issues streaming x264/mp4 files. It would play for a few seconds but then stuttering and then eventually completely freeze. It also had issues detecting my media shares (media server mode worked ok though).

Reverting back to 1.09.10 fixed the problems.

Since upgrading my WDTV cannot maintain a connection to my ubuntu server running Twonky or to the Samba shares on it. It can connect to a Win 7 share. 

I have a second WDTV with the previous firmware on it that connects to the ubuntu box just fine.

Please fix before my wife realises the WDTV in the bedroom doesn’t work anymore. (or just post a link to the previous firmware so I can downgrade)

Thanks

WDLoungeroom wrote:

(or just post a link to the previous firmware so I can downgrade)

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

Hi,

after updating to 1.10.13 metadata does not work properly. Although in my settings language is set to German, WD TV Live scans new movies at tmdb.org with GERMAN Names, but finds and offers only the English title and description.

What do I have to do?

lacondamine wrote:

What do I have to do?

… roll back to the previous firmware… same problem over here. In good tradition the new firmware contains more new bugs than fixes :wink:

Still can’t access my Windows shares!  The box just sits there forever trying to find/display Windows pc’s on my network., but if I rollback to v1.04, I can see my pc’s (and stream from shares).

I have a pc running Windows Server 2008 R2 (that of course is my “master browser”).  Please test with this kind of environment because something in your SMB setup is wrong.

Something broke after the v1.04 release.

!!! PLEASE FIX THIS !!!

The media library scan issue still exists… sigh!

It’s pretty clear that the solution is to not buy from WD again

This is a joke of a product and the company is clearly a joke also.

They fail to address the issues that have been brought up for a year now

Point gotten, they dont care, now move on to a brand that deserves our money

I had no issues updating to this firmware on my two SMP. The only issue I have is, that manually getting content info for tv-shows still doesnt work. Only cover and synopsis is downloaded - not backdrop photos. For movies it works fine.

And sorting the tv-shows via filter is still a mess.

I lost netflix, pandora, etc. due to geolocation check as I had found out here. After wasting hours resetting, rolling back, …, I figured it out. The reason that geolocation failed to identify my location in the US and disabled those services is that it was trying to do it when there was no internet connection! I use wireless, but it’s not available when geolocation was running (I have to input the information to connect after a reset), and geolocation program simply ignored that fact and decided I’m not living in the US. How dumb is that!

The solution was simple - connect to ethernet and reset (or upgrade), geolocation check should pass if you live in the US. It has nothing to do with firewall, router, etc.

Good luck!

WD, please find some professionals to work on your software. This was a simple mistake that should have never happened. I work for the industry and not any experienced engineer/program that I know of would make such mistake.

Hello,

Did you try to complete the update with a pen drive instead of wireless?

Netflix has sound issues some odd popping or tapping sounds on some series. Not on previous firmware. May need to roll back. Did one  restart.

I just recieved my box, ordered yesterday from Amazon UK.  Set it up, updated firmware, all seems ok except I have no Netflix and no BBC iPlayer options???  Any ideas?

I am having an issue with this update.  When I hit pause it will pause for about 5 seconds and then start playing again.  However after a while the screensaver comes on as if it was on pause the entire time rather than playing the movie.  It happens with virtually any video format that I’ve tried but especially on .VOB files.

Syngensmyth wrote:

Netflix has sound issues some odd popping or tapping sounds on some series. Not on previous firmware. May need to roll back. Did one  restart.

What series? Do you have another streaming device to verify it’s not just a bad episode? I’ve seen bad individual episodes of some shows.

I had been watching X-files and Numbers each night for awhile without issue, so I doubt that both series started having bad files coincidentally after the flash, but my luck has been rather bad lately, so it is possible.  I found it was set to stereo audio so set it to HDMI, then it had a sort of echo.

I have now gone to two totally different series and they do not have a problem.  Maybe the HDMI is now syncing up somehow.  At least I always have standard audio jacks to try iff needed. My ROKU was not even usable on this Vizio because of audio problems.

I guess this is a sort of experience report more than anything.

Lesson learned … if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Registration on this forum was a pain. This is one of the worst Capatchas around. Just sayin’. Not trying to be a troll.

I do love this WDTV box.

If I do wish to roll back to previous firmware, how do I find the previous version file? I’ve had no luck yet.

syngen wrote:

If I do wish to roll back to previous firmware, how do I find the previous version file? I’ve had no luck yet.

Rollback

syngen wrote:

Registration on this forum was a pain. This is one of the worst Capatchas around. Just sayin’. Not trying to be a troll.

Don’t worry, a number of us agree with you. Hopefully it will be replaced soon.