New Release - Firmware Version 1.10.13 for WD TV Live Streaming Media Player (7/26/12)

Did not carry the codes for vudu to my computer fast enough, your update obliterated the offers! 

v1.10.13 doesn’t fix the problem with high-res progressive JPG files:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Unable-to-display-almost-any-high-res-image-file/idc-p/443974

I successfully upgraded the firmware of my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player to v1.10.13.

I have a number of HD files using M2TS container. I found that after the firmware upgrade, none of these files had sound (the sound of each file were encoded in Dolby Digital).

I checked one of my MKV files which in which the sound was also Dolby Digital and it played fine.

I then demuxed one of my M2TS files and muxed it to an MKV file (so the underlying video and audio files were the same as in the M2TS file). The MKV version played the sound perfectly.

It would appear that with the new firmware something has gone amiss with playing sound from videos using the M2TS container (at least in Dolby Digital) … please investigate.

All my HD videos are M2TS files and both DTS and Dolby Digital are playing back fine using the 1.10.13 firmware. All were ripped from Blu-Ray using DVDFab.

After updating the Firmware I can no longer get onto NetFlix. The NetFlix loading page comes up but just keeps loading until I press the Home Button.

wolmerian wrote:

After updating the Firmware I can no longer get onto NetFlix. The NetFlix loading page comes up but just keeps loading until I press the Home Button.

works ok here in teh uk dude (JFYI)

Still not fixed, second bug has been made worse:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Browsing-Samba-folders-via-wifi-in-list-view-slows-to-a-crawl/idc-p/444110#M3300

http://community.wdc.com/t5/ideas/v1/ideapage/blog-id/streaming_issues/article-id/2668/tab/html

When investigating the problem in my post above, I tried to perform a factory reset…
This resulted in the discovery of a serious crash issue, which I reported here:
http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Factory-reset-results-in-crash-after-wirless-network-detection/idi-p/444096

*Sigh* The WD TV Live Streaming Media Player is definitely WD’s most troublesome device yet, and I fear that future devices will get even worse, as they’ll probably keep adding more and more “useless” features.
Like others have already pointed out, there should be an option to disable the wireless networking all together.
IMHO everything wirless is **bleep**, and disabling wireless support would be the best way to avoid all the trouble that comes with it!

Jarodethan wrote:

still have issue playing flvs heres the vlc media player statistics in the past my previous media player astone media ap 100d could play this file flawlessly is there a fix for this

Codec
Stream 0
Type:Video
Codec:Flash Video [flv1]

Only FLV videos with avc codec are supported.  FLV video codec isn’t supported.

Same issue as zipzaprap… fix this 94% issue… also, wake me up when you do.

I only care about playback of the media I have, not about all these tacked on “services”. Can’t someone come up with a wireless device that does not have netflix? I mean who the heck pays for tv these days… Christ sakes…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Issue/Can-t-update-firmware-through-wireless-connection/idi-p/444358

Did anyone else lose Pandora with this update?!? The amount of bugs and glitches is really getting to be kind of ridiculous, considering this device is in its 3rd generation!

Did the Pandora service maybe move to a different location? I can’t find it under “All” OR “Music”! This is one of the things I use most often… this had better be fixed pronto!

Another one who couldn’t get the automatic upgrade to proceed past the 94% point - this time on a wired connection. Tried half a dozen times with no success then ran from USB drive no problems.

My main reason for wanting to run the upgrade was that my box was behaving somewhat erratically and was refusing to let me do a factory reset - either via remote or via paper clip - even though I had done this several times a couple of weeks back. After the upgrade was able to reset via the remote. Anyone else had this behaviour of the reset functionality disappearing?

Im having exactly the same problem…!

I have attempted downloading the update about 10 times and it occurs at the same point everytime… 94%.

Also having read some of the other comments about the box being caught in an infinite loop after upgrade to this version…im a little hesitant to upgrade it anyway.

Anyone else had any problems?

Have made the same experience - did update via USB Stick.

Switch off your router, so the WD cant connect via internet. Then make uodate locally via USB. Note: disconnect other USB discs or whatever and only use ONE USB port to connect USB Stick with update files in root directory.

On restart the WD will give priority to USB FW update.

That is besides the point, I should not have to do that in the first place.

I do the update throw the wifi and it’s installed correct .

Now I can’t choose the wifi and get connect to any wifi there’s no option for this.

I can found in Network setup only : Automatic & manual 

non of this give me options for the wifi setup !

any help !

e7me7m wrote:

I do the update throw the wifi and it’s installed correct .

apparently not…  Try rolling back to the previous version and re-installing via USB.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

I updated, over wired, a few days ago. No issues with the download. Pandora is still there and works. I mainly use the WDTV just for Netflix, and that is working fine.

After updating Firmware Version 1.10.13 for wD TV Live Streaming Media Player I have noticed the following problem.  The problem only appears to happen with DVD ISO files. When playing a DVD ISO file if I press the pause button the movie will pause for a few seconds but won’t stay paused. instead,  the movie will continue to play unless I press the stop button, So, for my DVD ISO files only it happens with every movie. The Pause does not stay paused. Any other file TS, or Blu-Ray ISO files the Pause button will remain paused the way it should normally work. I have another WD player exactly like this one but I will not update the firmware on it because of this problem.  If i use the other player the same DVD ISO files when Paused stay paused. It is a minor problem but a problem none the less. If there is a fix for this I hope that it can be resolved soon. Now, if I have to pause the movie momentarily on the updated firmware player I have to click stop instead of pause. Not a big deal but it worked properly before this firmware update.