New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.31_V for WD TV Live (4/6/11)

Re rostron:

I was talking about color space, not sound problems.

Cusco

Sorry thought it was clear that I was refering to audio downsampling.

To Bill or other WD tech. :
The hebrew UI works well, congrats. Few things that still bother me about hebrew are:

1. In system menu where I choose the UI language, ‘hewbrew’ appears as ‘werbweh’ only on hebrew symbols,
    i.e, instead of right-to-left it appears left-to-right. It’s easy to see that the meaning is hebrew but its not very polite.

The UI itself seems to be fine.

1. Hebrew language support for subtitles is missing.
    Please help with that. I am tired of creaticd SUB files.

Thank you.

1 Like

Sorry, my mistake.

I was refer to the comment of mabuk regarding color space, so mabuk, what file/s must I play?

I have had a similar problem since updating my firmware. Through trial and error, the immediate answer is, for me, to use only 8 bit, not 12 bit. I am using HDMI 1080P/24FPS. This configuration has worked for me through several power on/offs. If this changes, I will update my experience.

As mentioned before, the random function, doesn’t work good any more.

This is the case since the update from 1.03.49 to 1.04.10

In 1.04.17 and 1.04.22 it isn’t fixed, in this version 1.04.31, it still isn’t fixed.

topic - Random doesn’t seem random any more

Hy everyone,

this is my first time on this forum… I’m writing from Venice Italy.

I can say that the WD Live is working fine until last two fw update. 1.04.22  and the 1.04.31_v  just some minutes ago.

I have trouble just with find video file over network, that was fine possible before .04.22.

I presumed that with last 31_V the problem was resolved… but still nothing.

I can see and run every audio or picture file on network, but nothing else.

Both fw update were succesfully. All is ok from the USB local disk.

Are there some experience like this ? or there is some truck ?

Thanks

Nico:smiley:

This may seem like a silly question, but what kind of video files are you trying to play?

I have different video, DIVX o MKV or AVI.that was reacheable and runnable just before.

WD cannot find also he principal directory.

Before was also possible to manage the file and directory difrectly fron itself… now not for video file.

On local all is running fine.

Nico

It will be good for all if a next update could have also MSN Messenger abilities (like chating etc)…

mabuk wrote:

If you see green or purple then that is a colour space issue.

If your picture now looks washed out, again, the colour space has changed. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that the new setting is wrong, it could mean that the previous setting was wrong and that you need to re-calibrate the brightness and contrast.

To check that you have the right colour space simply download the small mp4 file (7z or self extracting), it’s on the following AVSForum page:  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

Its def a Bug because the Brightness always changes and it looks horrible washed out.

If they simply would have increased Brightness Levels ok anyways incorrect because it was fine before.

What am l i doing then in the Menues when it always changes back to old candy brightness if i now reduce my TV brightness back to that it looks kinda normal?

Then its dark :slight_smile:

The Menues have been perfect in looks before now they entirely fail from its looks not only that all is unsmooth behaviing now. Also all longer filenames are now extremely more then slow moving stutterly in the Lists.

Ill go back to the last firmware because i cant stand this.

I am really disappointed with WD.

Why do they seem to create more bugs with each release of firmware, and seem to ignore some bugs found by their customer base.

I worked in the IT industry for over 30 years for a well known aero engine manufacturer, and if we released software to the customer in a state where they continually found bugs, we would have been hauled over the coals.

New software releases were tested rigorously which does not seem to be the case with WD in my experience.

Someone from WD please reply to this and give us some hope that the known bugs, some of which I reported in the latest release of firmware, will be fixed.

If it is not possible to fix a bug(problem) then please say so.

The 96khz downsampling bug was supposed to be fixed in the last firmware release, according to the WD release notes.

No post release statement was made about this failure.

Sounds like this is one update I don’t need to install.

Firmware 1.04.22_V:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800/session/L2F2LzEvc25vLzEvdGltZS8xMzAyMjAwMjMwL3NpZC9LTTZzKlVxaw%3D%3D

Dimitrios wrote:

It will be good for all if a next update could have also MSN Messenger abilities (like chating etc)…

I hope not!

Dude, this is what computers are for!

Some of the apps that have been added are a “nice to have” but seriously, MSN?

How are you meant to type?

back on topic, All good so far with my update. I’ve detected no issues

shavanni wrote:

…but seriously, MSN?  How are you meant to type?

Well, you CAN use a USB Keyboard.

But I agree with you.  MSN would be a waste of realestate.

Sorry for my English.

My experience:

Menus and photos appear with much more brightness

Photos still have very low resolution

Turning back to the previous firmware

Bad Bad Bad

Can’t see more than half my network share library…142 Videos, only the first 63 show up…Mixed formats. Plus streaming from pogoplug media server, videos stop and return to list after 20 or so minutes of play…does not happen when same files are played from network share option instead.

I also have:

Washed out menus and grainy backdrops which look awful and spoil the experience

Slow scrolling long titles in list views.

Washed out black background bars when displaying non-widescreen photographs.

AVI and MKV playback ok

Panasonic TXL26X10B

All WDTV settings Auto

SGC_WD wrote:> * * *

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I think you’re hallucinating.   BluRay navigation was NEVER supported, and likely never will be.

No Tony, I’m not.

I played several times the  “Hi-Definition Reference Disc 2008  Blu-ray 1080I AVC LPCM7.1” (from a USB hard drive of course) and I can select language, got to main menu, jump to next chapter and so on. If I install any version newer than 1.04.17 then impossible to even get the main menu.

Well, I don’t know what you thought you saw, but it’s not BD menus…  

I downgraded my WDTV to 1.04.17_V and ripped a BD to folders and put the rip on a USB hard drive.   No BD menus…  Nor was I expecting any… 

Worked the same in 1.04.17 as 1.04.31…  ;)