New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.31_V for WD TV Live (4/6/11)

I am experiencing the same problem, save that my screen turns GREEN.

I had the same problem. What I did was to check the HDMI output, which was reset to 720P, low RGB. I set it to 1080P/24fps and high RGB and it fixed it. In fact, the contrast ratio is much better with much deeper blacks–like it should be. I have rebooted several times and it is now flawless. I hope this may help you.

1 Like

If you see green or purple then that is a colour space issue.

If your picture now looks washed out, again, the colour space has changed. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that the new setting is wrong, it could mean that the previous setting was wrong and that you need to re-calibrate the brightness and contrast.

To check that you have the right colour space simply download the small mp4 file (7z or self extracting), it’s on the following AVSForum page:  http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=948496

Play the flashing grey bars (on the black background) video. If you turn up the brightness on your display, then you should be able to see flashing bars across the entire screen. If you can only see 4 or 5 flashing bar then your signal is being clipped and you have the wrong colour space setting.

Nice to see Hebrew interface Finally, but still in subtitles I see Giberish. Very annoying.

Please add subtitle support.

Ofer

Well done WD…

Still not fixed the 96khz downsampling to 48khz problem.

Come on, this was supposed to have been a featurte of the last firmware release.

I may have to consider replacing this playe with one which does what it says on the box!

I updated the new firmware 1.04.31_V for WD TV Live.

1.)

It’s good that I can force the resolution …720p 1080p to my 16:10 monitor.

The image is OK for 720p.

The image is clearer for 1080p, however I notice the scan line. Can WD help to remove the scan line?

2.)

With the previous firmware, when I boot/turn on my WD TV Live, it can automatically detect and select 720p resolution. However with this new firmware, it detects and selects 480p resolution :(  Hope WD can fix this in the next firmware.

3.)

The 16:10 aspect ratio is not available in this firmware yet. Hope WD can make it in the next firmware.

Another prolem not resolved…

ac3 will only work on optical, ie cannot get through HDMI.

Hi,
I just upgrade from 1.04.17 to 1.04.31 and the process itself was successful.
However I found new issues in the new version, also found in the 1.04.22:
1- If match video framerate is selected not possible to set 12 bits color. If match video framerate is not selected then OK.
2- Blu-ray play is gone. No menus, no navigation, no play.

In the good side, the auto framerate works fine.

I downgrade to 1.04.17 loosing auto framerate but keeping blu-ray play and 12 bit colordepth.

Regards.

@rostron:

What file must I play to test what you’re saying? On wich folder?

+1,Hello,sigma suportt 24/96,wd limited sound quality,archives flac,dts…not audio high definition.:cry:.

SGC_WD wrote:

Hi,
I just upgrade from 1.04.17 to 1.04.31 and the process itself was successful.
However I found new issues in the new version, also found in the 1.04.22:
1- If match video framerate is selected not possible to set 12 bits color. If match video framerate is not selected then OK.
2- Blu-ray play is gone. No menus, no navigation, no play.

In the good side, the auto framerate works fine.

I downgrade to 1.04.17 loosing auto framerate but keeping blu-ray play and 12 bit colordepth.

Regards.

You can’t get auto framerate and 12bit. It was like that in the previous firmware. Some people would question why you want 12bit.

I’m seeing the same problem with washed out menus.  Plus the file names no longer scroll smoothly when viewing video folders.  They start out with half the filename cut off, then scroll with slow jerks.

Time to roll back.

Hi Dear Bill_s

My language is persian and Wd doesn’t support this language as well . i have to use Arabic for encoding but it doesn’t support farsi as well please in future update notice my language and support :utf-8" for resolving this problem.

i have to change srt–> sub/idx in my computer.

another problem is when i change 720p to 1080p when i power WD off and turn it on again Resoulation Refer to 720p

1 Like

It’s the firmware. I have an xbox, a SPS, and a Blu-ray player connected to this HDTV and they all play flawlessly! Even the WD Live plays perfectly—sometimes.

richUK wrote:

You can’t get auto framerate and 12bit. It was like that in the previous firmware. Some people would question why you want 12bit.

Thanks for your answer richUK,

Honestly I could survive without 12 bit colordepth, despite the higher the better, but not without blu-ray playing. In fact prefer to manual framerate and keep blu-ray navigation. That’s why I downgrade.

Anyhow, I can not understand why autoframerate and 12 bit are not compatible in the same version. Framerate and colordepth are independent parameters of any video.

Regards.

I spoke a little too soon when I said it was fixed.  Like a previous poster, the problem comes back, and I have to keep reapplying the settings.  I haven’t yet pinned down when it comes back, but after the device went into screensaver mode, and I turned the TV back on, it was purple.  TIme to revert the firmware.

AdamSmith wrote:

I spoke a little too soon when I said it was fixed.  Like a previous poster, the problem comes back, and I have to keep reapplying the settings.  I haven’t yet pinned down when it comes back, but after the device went into screensaver mode, and I turned the TV back on, it was purple.  TIme to revert the firmware.

That is what I found.  No combination of resolution (720/1080), Interlace/progressive, or colorspace solved the problem.

SGC_WD wrote:

… but not without blu-ray playing. In fact prefer to manual framerate and keep blu-ray navigation. That’s why I downgrade.

I think you’re hallucinating.   BluRay navigation was NEVER supported, and likely never will be.

Re Cusco

“@rostron:”

“What file must I play to test what you’re saying? On wich folder?”

Try the files here

http://www.naimlabel.com/musicstore-test-files.aspx

download them and try to play them on WD TV LIve…your AV amp or DAC should show the files being input to that device are being downsampled to 48khz.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

I think you’re hallucinating.   BluRay navigation was NEVER supported, and likely never will be.

No Tony, I’m not.

I played several times the  “Hi-Definition Reference Disc 2008  Blu-ray 1080I AVC LPCM7.1” (from a USB hard drive of course) and I can select language, got to main menu, jump to next chapter and so on. If I install any version newer than 1.04.17 then impossible to even get the main menu.