New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.31_V for WD TV Live (4/6/11)

FYI…

I could not get the roll back firmware V 1.04.22_V to be recognized by the WDTV Live (from the rollback page here:   http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5800).  

I took a quick gander at the .ver file, and it had the correct version in it (IE, the LOWER rev number), which is wrong.  I bumped this up to 1.04.32_V and tried again.  This time it worked.

I’m now back down to 1.04.22 and my purple issue is gone.

Yeah, it looks like WD is monkeying around with the video code again…  

It’s affected both of my Live units on two different TVs.   

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Yeah, it looks like WD is monkeying around with the video code again…  

It’s affected both of my Live units on two different TVs.   

This is strange (and may help the WDTV people).  While the downgrade was in progress, I had the purple screen.  When the firmware was finished installing and I got control back, the screen was STILL purple.  When I forced the HDMI handshake, it turned back to the correct blue and has stayed that way.

Memory pointer/initialization problem in your code WD???

please  PLEASE please MAKE HEBREW SUBTITLES SUPPORT

hebrew menu does’nt give anything with no option to translate the movies in it with hebrew sub’s

THANKSSS!!

1 Like

I believe Western Digital hate German  Customers.  The new Firmware Supports Arabic, Hebrew and Polish languages user interfaces and the German User Interface is again not fixed.

“Thank You” Western Digital for the “good” Work !!!

Same for me: Back to previous firmware.

The colors are off and too bright. Also I think it’s embarrasing for WD to not test their firmwares properly before release. They didn’t even fix the smallest mistakes in the german translation. This can’t be so hard.

We’re aware of the brightness issue and we’re working on it. Thanks for the bug reports.

WD … Play with anything but the image quality , you was one of the best because of your image quality , pleas do not push things to be a loss of customers and reputation also .

Arrhg, no fix for the audio downsampling…

Now my files that have 88.2 or 176.4kHz samplerate won’t even go “out” via the optical or HDMI - my receiver switches to “Analog” (before they where downsampled to 44.1).

The 96 and 192kHz ones are still downsampled to 48kHz.

Looks like something was tried, but failed…

Guy_K wrote:

We’re aware of the brightness issue and we’re working on it. Thanks for the bug reports.

My guess is this bug is a result of you fixing the VOB stutter issue.  Please please do NOT break VOB stutter again as you try and correct the brightness issue!

Just installed  1.04.31_V as well.  Experiencing the following:

1.  Dropped network connection in the middle of shows

2.  Upon restart after dropped connection, device indicates “There is no media in the current folder”

1. Similar washout problem on menus as others indicate, alternating between each selected menu

Glad to see this forum is available, thanks.

Guy_K wrote:

Does the brighness issue include the purple/green issue?

Mine is doing the exact same thing.  I called Tech support and they requested I roll back the firmware.  See knowledge base article 5800 for instructions.  I rolled the firmware back and redid the handshake and still got the purple.  I tried a different device (new handshake) and then went back to the WD live and the purple left.  However just like you, when I power sown then power back up I got purple.  I am within my two years warranty so I did a RMA to get a new device.  I think when the firmware is updated it must do something to the hardware.  I say this because after the rollback to 1.04.17 it was still producing the purple.

I have the same problem.  2 year warranty.  Get an RMA online and exchange.  That is what I am doing.   I think its a hardware issue with the firmware update somehow.

I just tried this.  It did correct the issue for that session, but when I power off then back on I have purple again.  Repeat the process but something is not right with the device

Me too.  I think it just will not handshake to the TV automatically

DId it stay correct after a reboot or power cycle?  Same for me but after a power cycle I had the purple screen even with 1.04.17

I finally made the upgrade from 1.02.21.  For me, everything is working ok, though the menus may be a bit washed out.  I love the auto-framerate (why I upgraded).  

Bu there is one problem: my mkv blu-ray rip of the BBC Life series that I use to show off my tv now won’t play smoothly now. Playing this series was one of the main reasons I bought the WD TV Live: my computer, for instance, was never able to play the intro sequence without stuttering when the bitrate spikes to 20 or 30mbps.  The WD TV Live was able to handle it with aplomb in 1.0.2.21, but after this upgrade, it stutters when the bitrate spikes just like all the computer-based players it was meant to supplant.  Does anyone know why, or what I can do to fix it?  Is there a memory problem with the newer firmwares?  I’d hate to have to roll back just for this, but the Life program was ripped precisely for watching in these circumstances, and I’d hate to lose that.  (This is over a network share (which appears to be working fine; my other blu-ray rips work ok) and the video is h264 in a mkv wrapper, 25fps, ranging from 5mbps up to 35mbps during quick pans, hippo fights, etc.)

I agree with you rostron. I have an audio file with 96khz sampling rate but it only registered 48khz to my AV receiver.

Also I want to raise issue with AAC 5.1 audio, it will not pass through to HDMI though it will downmix to stereo but thats not I want.

WD please fix this on the next fw release.

Bug with option menu still there:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Firmware/Summary-of-bugs-found-in-1-04-22-V-firmware/m-p/163300#M10320

Will check bug with now playing soon and report here.

Playlist in youtube fixed, thats great.