New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.17_B for WD TV Live Plus (12/30/10)

Hi,

run the update through ethernet.

No problem with the update it self.

I have only used released updates.

I have ONE Live + on the wired network.

Sweden

did factory reset

had to manually set output to 1080p 60Hz

cleared saved login

set to autologin

• faster network login on W7 Pc’s

+My mkv’s and avi’s plays fine (never had problems)

Does anyone know if Playon is fixed in this release?

Yes, play on is fixed.

Thanks for the  Firmware 1.04.10_B  download link… I’ll keep that file safe for future use :wink:

Well tried to update mine and it went into loop upgrading…  had to put the rollback back on… wat to go WD!!!

While rolling back to firmware 1.04.17_B, its looping. Anyone has any suggestion on how to stop looping issue. Thanks

anuwdtvhdplus wrote:

While rolling back to firmware 1.04.17_B, its looping. Anyone has any suggestion on how to stop looping issue. Thanks

When you say its looping, what exactly do you mean. If you downgrade the unit will immediately inform you of an update. Thats because the firmware version on the usb drive is greater than the firmware in the unit. You just ignore that upgrade, you also have to ignore any upgrade from the internet.

Rolling back TO 1.04.17?   That’s the latest, not a prior.

When I tried to downgrade, it applied to update but system was frozen. Then I presses the reset button and the unit displayed insert USB frove to recover my wd unit. I inserted the flash drive and its updating in loop. Its updates & reboots over and over again.

Sorry for the version mistake. I am using firmware from what was posted here earlier wdtvliveplus_1.04.10_B.zip

OK tried again and let it update through the net… after several updates and restarts… i did indeed get the newest update to work with playon… but it broke wireless networking!@#$%^&*(

Well it also broke the sound on the netflix app in the wd live hd plus…one has to wonder if they even test the firmware at all before sending it out…  i did not have to look far to find the stuff that was broken…one would think if they tested it they could find it before they sent it out.

anuwdtvhdplus wrote:

I had to rollback to ver 1.03.49_B found here. After the rollback, I had to set up all my networking info again and then I upgraded the firmware up to 1.04.10_B (the last good firmware update) and then said no to 1.04.17_B (the current buggy update).

I hope that helps.

This worked seamlessly. Thanks for the tip. 

try this

http://www.google.ca/search?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wdc.com%2Fwdproducts%2Fupdates%2F%3Ffamily%3Dwdfwdtv_liveplus+Release+1.04.10+%2811%2F22%2F10%29&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

and click on cached

or this

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nkBvopUcMmYJ:www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/%3Ffamily%3Dwdfwdtv_liveplus+http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/%3Ffamily%3Dwdfwdtv_liveplus+Release+1.04.10+%2811/22/10%29&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

had to rollback to ver 1.03.49_B found  here. After the rollback, I had to set up all my networking info again and then I upgraded the firmware up to 1.04.10_B (the last good firmware update) and then said no to 1.04.17_B (the current buggy update).

After rolling back to 1.03.49_B, Did you go through in several intermediate firmware steps or one step to 1.04.10_B, Did you use online update or updated via Firmware on USB drive

So I took took the update without even hesitating, and sure enough my wireless connection stopped working entirely. It just stops working with this firmware update. What gives? Is wireless broken in this release? Or is it usb card specific? The usb adapter I’ve been using is: Airlink101 Wireless 11N Mini USB Adapter

Also, I rolled back to firmware 1.03.49_B using the online guide that says to extract the firmware to flash drive root, and install after you plug it into the WD HDTV Live Plus. It reboots and installs. Now the device freezes constantly and it BARELY works, but the wireless is detected. I hope WD fixes this asap as my device is not even functional now.

i recommend anyone who updates their firmware, do a factory reset and then do a reset by pushing in the reset button with a paperclick or something. Also unplug the power from the wdtv for a few minutes. I had issues with upgrading firmware before and by doing the reset ect fixed the problem. If you want to be more precautious like me I would even suggest doing everything I just said prior to the update and then immediately afterwards.

I’ve had the same experience.  Upgraded the software and there is no longer a network option for Wireless.  Everything works if I hardwire to the router and when I put the USB Wireless adapter on my laptop it works fine so it looks like a software screw up hopefully they will have a fix soon.

It must be adapter specific… Both of mine still work… Cisco USN600N

I used the online update and it automatically takes you to 1.04.10_B