New Release - Firmware Version 1.04.17_B for WD TV Live Plus (12/30/10)

THe answer is fine but the guidance only refers to upgrading firmware that is a higher version. What if you need to roll bakc to an earlier version.

I have updated the firmware on my WD HDTV live and i no longer can access my DLNA server files for video - music works and want to go back to the version which worked, IE 10.3.xx

Kaizanx wrote:

THe answer is fine but the guidance only refers to upgrading firmware that is a higher version. What if you need to roll bakc to an earlier version.

I have updated the firmware on my WD HDTV live and i no longer can access my DLNA server files for video - music works and want to go back to the version which worked, IE 10.3.xx

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

Upgraded to 1.02.17_B via hard wire and internet. Freezing was worse than ever in chapter switching, pausing, and fast forwarding. No longer able to recognize my avi movie files on a usb hard drive. Returned it to the store. Fed up with it before the upgrade, the buggy upgrade was the last straw. Going to try a internet-enabled blu ray player.

Had the same problem as many here - and am glad to hear it’s not just me! Updated and lost any option to connect to wireless. I’m downloading the 1.04.10 firmware and will downgrade to that.

I’m normally someone who optimistically rushes in headfirst to new updates but following this, and a firmware update to my My Book World Edition which bricked it (I’ve had to have it RMA’d), I think I’ll wait a little while first in future!

i have the same problem today after updating to the latest 1.04.17_B . Now I am unable to connet WD Live +  to my network. The newest version got it incompatible with my D-Link N300 network adapter (which, I checked works fine with my other player, crappy Seagate). I will downgrade it to whatever you have here available and then upgrade to 1.04.10 .

But hey, WD guys , seriously!  this is a major screw up on your account, to not perform the basic check up on whatever you release, just basic… why rush? this’s so lame. I trusted WD before…

or this

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nkBvopUcMmYJ:www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/%3Ffamily%3Dwdfwdtv_liveplus+http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/%3Ffamily%3Dwdfwdtv_liveplus+Release+1.04.10+%2811/22/10%29&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca&client=firefox-a

this link in fact gets you to 1.04.10 version; i’ll try it now

My upgrade worked fine, but once the upgrade took effect I lost the option for a wireless connection. With the new update I am unable to make a wireless connection, it will only work with a hard wired connection. I spent an hour on the phone with tech support. They told me to use the “5800” code to get the older version so that I could use the wireless option. But once I took it back to the old version, Netflix was gone. I upgraded it again and it took me right back to the new version. Now I have a CAT 5 cable running down my hallway to  my tv so that I can stream movies from Netflix. How much longer til we get the newest greatest update? So that I can go back to using wireless?  The only option that tech support offered after I called them back was to try and return it to the store I bought it from, and when I bring it home and it asks me to upgrade it, select NO. Now how is that for a fix?

Hi,

I started using my WD TV live + today and it worked fine until I tried to update the firmware.  It also started looping: updating and restarting and it doesn’t stop.  How did you fix this??

tks,

I have the same problem, please let me know if you are able to fix it.

tks,

I also tried updating the firmware using an USB drive and it keeps looping.  Please let me know if you find a solution.

tks,

Well first you need to find the rollback software and put it on a usb drive… then on the side you can reset it back to factory settings… once you do that it will reboot and ask you to plug in usb with firmware in. Let it go through the process cross your fingers and toes and maybe you will have a working box.

I have the same problem.  How did you fix it?

tks,

same problem… looping and restarting… pls solution :C

i figured it out for the rolling firmware issue i hope it works for all who have the wdtv live plus.

wdtvliveplus_rollback_1.03.29_B(1.03.43_B)

http://www.userdrivers.com/RAID-HD-Controller/WD-TV-Live-Plus-HD-Media-Player-Firmware-Update-1-03-43-B-Limited-Public-Beta/download/

go there and download it. you should be able to roll back the firmware back to 1.03.29

change and make sure version says VERSION=‘1.03.29_B’

then if all goes well you should have your wdtv live plus ready to roll again then you can update VERSION=‘1.03.49_B’

i did this 3 times to make sure that i did it correct and a system reset never hurts in the process. hope every one finds this useful until further updates can be stable

frost167 wrote:

i figured it out for the rolling firmware issue i hope it works for all who have the wdtv live plus.

wdtvliveplus_rollback_1.03.29_B(1.03.43_B)

http://www.userdrivers.com/RAID-HD-Controller/WD-TV-Live-Plus-HD-Media-Player-Firmware-Update-1-03-43-B-Limited-Public-Beta/download/

go there and download it. you should be able to roll back the firmware back to 1.03.29

change and make sure version says VERSION=‘1.03.29_B’

then if all goes well you should have your wdtv live plus ready to roll again then you can update VERSION=‘1.03.49_B’

i did this 3 times to make sure that i did it correct and a system reset never hurts in the process. hope every one finds this useful until further updates can be stable

With all due respect what are you doing? You are using a beta firmware download, Why not go straight to 1.03.49?

WD have given us the rollback firmware to do that and its all here:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=5800

1 Like

So with wireless being broken in this firmware release for a great many of us (including me), I used the downgrade guide to go back to firmware 1.03.49. However, even after doing a factory reset on this firmware, my WD HDTV Live Plus would freeze and lock up randomly, although wireless was indeed functional again. So what I did, as recommended by a forum member, was hard reset the device, then I installed the 1.04.10 firmware again (the one I had been using before the 1.04.17 upgrade), did another reset, and then configured my wireless connection accordingly. All seems to be back to normal again as it was prior to this 1.04.17 upgrade. WD please fix the broken wireless asap. We should start posing adapter-specific information here so they know which make and model numbers the update affected. I put my adapter name in my previous post on page 6.

richUK,

thanks, after following your suggestion it appears I now have a working unit.

Regarding the “early” update of new firmware, you are right, one should not update too early.

thanks,

Ora, muitos estão reclamando que a nova firmware causou problemas com a rede sem fio. Sabemos, rede sem fios jamais será melhor do que rede cabeada. Eu uso tudo cabeado, exceto o notebook. Atualizei agora para a nova versão e estão tudo lindo. Não tenho qualquer problema.

Hi Guys,

problems here too.
after updating the firmware yesterdays the WIFI wont work anymore.

ASUS N10

Any solutions from WD???

I am trying to rollback at the moment.

If you are trying to rollback please follow instructions from frost167 and then upgrade to 1.04.10_B,  It always works and repeatable, I wanted to mentioned since some of them mentioned looping problems while rolling back rendering WD LIVE in an unusable state.