New NAS / harddrive, what about meta data?

Hey there…

I have moved all my movies to a new nas / new harddrives…

I have copyed the hole movie folder, so the scructure of the files + meta data are the same…

Noew when i will show the hub the new location of the movies, will the meta data be shown then ?

Yes, it should…

Allthough there could be some minor problems moving your movies, not sure but I think the info that the hub stores in the system might not be valid anymore - Perhaps someone knows if this is the case!

The metadata is all stored in an XML file with the same name as the movie.

The internal stuff is the MEDIA LIBRARY, not Metadata.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

The metadata is all stored in an XML file with the same name as the movie.

The internal stuff is the MEDIA LIBRARY, not Metadata.

Yes I know the difference, let me try to explain what I mean with an example…

A couple of months ago, I decided to move some movies from the hubs internal hd to my NAS.

I moved the movies with their XML and cover files, but after the move I could no longer search the movie titles, the bigger movie cover image stopped working in gallery view, furthermore browsing by genre did not show the movies that were moved, but if I went into options and chose Rescan Info for all the movies that I had moved, the problems disappeared. 

This was done when I was using firmware version 2.03.24, I haven’t tried this with firmware version 2.04.13, so I don’t know if this is fixed!

To me it seems like some of the hubs functions only works if the movie info is retrieved through the internal scraper and you don’t edit or move the files, so something must be written somewhere in the system of the hub that doesn’t come from XML files or rescanning media library.

it worked :smiley: