New Firmware: 04.05.00-342 (09/04/2019) and 2.31.195 (09/11/2019)

FYI. There is new firmware for both single bay My Cloud versions. From the Latest Announcements page:
New Release - My Cloud Firmware Version 2.31.195 (09/11/2019)
New Release - My Cloud Firmware Version 04.05.00-342 (09/11/2019)

Firmware Release 04.05.00-342 (09/04/2019)
Release Notes
https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/sq-040500-342-20190805.deb

What’s new!

Please visit Western Digital’s Product Security Portal to find more information about our security fixes.

• Security Fixes
    • Addressed SACK Panic Vulnerabilities (CVE-2019-11477, CVE-2019-11478, and CVE-2019-11479).
    • Resolved Twonky directory traversal (CVE-2018-7171).
    • Addressed privilege escalation vulnerability.

Version: Firmware Release 2.31.195 (09/11/2019)
Release Notes
https://downloads.wdc.com/nas/My_Cloud_GLCR_2.31.195.bin

What’s new!

Please visit Western Digital’s Product Security Portal to find more information about our security fixes.

• Other Bug Fixes
    • Resolved USB storage mount issue

Your firmware version can be found by going to the device’s web interface and looking for the Firmware section.

Anyone else having problems installing these updates. So far I have not had any luck with either one. Below are images of what happens with both my 1st and 2nd generation My Clouds when I try to manual update them.

1st generation, Update: I finally have this one updated, will continue to work on my 2nd generation.

WDMyCloud1stgenFW

2nd generation, Update: I now have the 2nd generation update installed, see 2nd image below.

WDMyCloud2ndgenFW

No problems with a gen 1 updating. Worked on the first manual upload of the firmware deb file.

@Bennor My first tries were using the zip downloads on the download page. When they failed I went back and saw the two links you provided for the .deb and the .bin. I didn’t have any problems when I used those.

Questo342 che miglioramento apporta? È consigliabile farlo?
Help…

The " What’s new" in the initial post or in the release notes details what improvements or fixes were made. Generally it is recommended to use the latest firmware due to security issues being patched or fixed.

Thanks for sharing. It has worked for me okay, although via manual upload & update (*.DEB file). Unit took its time to reinitialise though - at some point I thought it’s bricked (white LED was lit for suspiciously long amount of time…).

And the query: Any reason why these updates are not seen by the unit when checking for firmware updates? I believe that it was the same with the previously released ones.

My Cloud Firmware Up To Date but Newer Version Available for Download

Cause: Automatic Firmware Update may be throttled or limited to the number of downloads per day or week.

Solution: Download and manually update the firmware to the latest available release (…)

This surely must be a joke, no?

So how folks who do not necessarily check for updates and rely on notifications themselves will get to update their units?

Rhetorical question I suppose.

I don’t mind waiting a bit.

My rule of thumb: Never be the first person to try new firmware

Too many stories of bricked systems.
I did have a “standard” Win10 automatic update trash the OS of one machines a few months back.
Never felt better about using external drives for all my data storage.

(So. . .therefore I am always very cautious about NAS firmware updates. . . .always verify a backup before doing that action!)