mySQL on EX2

Since PhBb installs, does mySQL also install?

Hi dorijc, I recommend you to contact Support directly on this one. 

http://support.wd.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I tried it but only phBB installs.

I believe that mySQL is already running. It is being used by some error logging process without any apps installed.

You should make sure  phpMyAdmin is installed first.

Some helpful tips on the setup

(MySQL default username/password: admin/admin).

Database server port: database connection port, leave it empty for default port setting

Database Name: the name of database for phpBB

Thanks. I don’t have need for phBB but I do for mySQL.  Will need to reintall phBBb just to make sure the actual data base ends up on the drive and not in the units flash.

Tried it and unless it is hidden, it must install on the boxes flash.

It is not in flash as far as I know.

On the EX4 it is located at:    /mnt/HD_a4/.@database@/mysql

It is probably similar on the EX2

You can find the location with a shell command like this:

find / -name mysql

If it’s there, it is well hidden. Tried the shell command, found nothing. Looked to see if a private share had been added…not there, searched the drive and found nothing…made sure to look for hidden files and folders.  I don’t need it until I start a project for a non-profit later this summer so for now I will wait and see. The EX4 is more than what they need so I probably will stick with installing mySQL locally and just route it to an EX 2…unless I can find the true area the EX 2 installs to.

I find it hard to believe it would be in flash but untill I can confirm it on the drive I will leave that out of my presentation.

Thanks for responding.

Did you make sure PHPMyAdmin App was installed?

Definatly install phpMyAdmin. It is a mySQL admin that is pretty slick and powerful. 

Once you have it installed you might see your mySQL database lurking out there. . . and if not, please let us know. I would like to look more into it. 

yep