MyCloud Ex2 ultra - manual rebuild button doesn't appear

Hello,
I’m becaming crazy with Mycloud Ex2 Ultra. I created a RAID1 array, and since the raid creation phase my system shows an error on disk2 bay led but both disk are reported as healty and the RAID1 as degraded
So, i tried to change disk2 replacing it using a new one disk, identical to the disk1.
Automatic build after the replacing seems to be not started, and manual rebuild button doesn’t appear.
In attachment you can find the status of raid and disks

Hi,

Please refer to the following KB article: My Cloud: Manual RAID Rebuild

Thanks, but the problem is that manual rebuild option isn’t available on the dashboard

since the WD support didn’t help me but only said to restore the fabric setting, I solved by myself rebuilding the raid using SSH and mdadm manually adding the missing disk and the raid has been recovered.

wow- good workaround to solve the problem

I set up all my EX systems with firmware a few revisions back and never saw this problem.

Some of the other NAS units we have talk about fabric setting but not seen that in WD NAS full restore options. guess I need to do some more reading :slight_smile:

I had a drive failing so I replaced it. All was going well, it degraded. I switched the Raid rebuild button to on and hit the Manual Rebuild button. I then canceled the screen to go back and check the documentation and now the button is gone.

OS 5

I figure what happened to me wasn’t the case with you, but just commenting in case this helps someone in the future.

I have a MyCloud PR2100 that I used first then bought a MyCloud PR4100. I use the MyCloud PR2100 as the tester to upgrade to OS5. I don’t have much faith in their software as they missed the “Shut Down” button in this application. There are only 2 options: Hibernate or Reboot.

I had a drive failing in the MyCloud PR2100 so I replaced it. All was going well, it degraded. I switched the Raid rebuild button to on and hit the Manual Rebuild button but didn’t start it. I then canceled the screen to go back and check the documentation. Once I confirmed everything was correct, I went back to the RAID screen and it said:

RAID Health: No configured volumes.

Setup RAID Mode to configure new RAID Volume(s) on this device.

The toggle on/off for the RAID and the “Manually Rebuild RAID” button were now gone.

I read through these forums where someone SSHed in and used mdadm to rebuild their RAID. That’s above my head and above my tolerance level at the moment. So I went to support who was zero help. So I had a thought to put the old drive back in and when I did, the drive health now says good and the toggle on/off for the RAID and the “Manually Rebuild RAID” button reappeared. I am manually rebuilding the RAID right now. I have the other drive in case I need it. My point in writing this is removed and readding the drive should trigger the button to reappear.

1 Like

Hello paoloberry, thank you for the information! I was able to connect over SSH, and I can see my drive 2 is currently a spair. Could you please provide the command to add the spare drive to the raid configuration?