MyCloud Ex2 Ultra - Brand New -> Red Light

Hi guys,

i just unboxed my new MyCloud Ex2 Ultra 4TB. But i only get the red power led (solid, not blinking). The HDD-LEDs are blue. I tried a Reset, i pulled the HDDs out and put them back in again. Any more i can do? The software doesnt find the device, so i cant do anything more.

That is pretty bad for a brand new device and i think it is pretty complicated to send the device back to WD (i bought it in the WD-Online Shop).

Greeting and Thanks

wrong forum. This is for “My cloud” devices.
https://community.wd.com/c/network-attached-storage

can this be moved to the right forum then please? Thx

Hello,

This thread has been moved to the correct board.

Have you tried it with no hard drives in it?

Have you tried it with one hard drive in it?

Have you tried a different network port?

Have you tried a different network cable?

Have you tried navigating directly to the devices IP address with your web browser?

Have you done a full reset, like with a router?
1.Hold in the reset button for 30 seconds,
2.unplug the power while continuing to hold the reset button for an additional 30 seconds,
3.Plug the power in continuing to hold the reset button for an additional 40 seconds,
4.Then release the reset button and wait 3 to 4 minutes for it to boot up.

Thank you for your answer.
I already put it back in the box while i am waiting for a reply/RMA from the support. How long does this usually take?!

1. No, because even if this would help, i would have to send it back.
  2. No, because even if this would help, i would have to send it back.
  3. Yes. Didn´t help.
  4. Yes. Didn´t help.
  5. How do i know the IP address of the device? I tried to put in the MAC adress printed on the device while using the WD-Software assistant. (In my route menu, the device is not been showed. The lights on the LAN port arent gleaming either.
  6. Yes, i tried the full reset. Didn´t help.

I also tried different electric sockets.

Unfortunatly it was not.

Last thing would be to connect it directly to your systems Lan port & eliminate your network as the problem.

After that, nothing to do but send it back.