Mycloud don't open avi in my tv

Hello,
I really Really Need You , I made all the Tour of the forum, I found nothing.
I have a Western Digital MyCloud 3to , I can not read has the avi file on my tv , knowing what we When I look , my tv is compliant .
The MyCloud Sees Files THEY appear. But When I open , it directly goes to the next … and so on until the last . And he left . The very hard few seconds and the screen remains black , just the name of avi file parading down .
My Cloud and one day, the File sharing are multimedit “option MULTIMEDIA PORTION On” .
In addition, after updating my cloud eté Files are reset and reconnu well .
Thank you for helping me . Here is a week that I seek CE problem solving .

What is the make and model of the TV?

It is likely that the TV is the problem, if it cannot play the video format used within the .AVI container format. So, you need to find out if it is the TV, or a problem with the MyCloud not serving media properly to DLNA clients.

Is there a way you can access the video files with another device, such as a computer or tablet, running a program such as Kodi? If you can run Kodi, try to connect to your MyCloud using the DLNA server (‘UPnP Devices’), and using the Samba file server (‘Windows network (SMB)’).

Having got the Twonky DLNA server running well on the MyCloud, I wrote an FAQ, but I use the SMB server when using Kodi, as I find it works better than DLNA.

Hello,
Thanks for your response, my tv is an TOSHIBA 40TL838, i’m no probleme to read avi with an usb key or portable hard drive.
in my computer, i can read avi file.
I have not yet internet connection in my home. at the moment, I use my cloud locally
What is kodi ?

my tv is an TOSHIBA 40TL838,

That’s very likely to be manufactured by Vestel; I’d have to find a user manual.

i’m no probleme to read avi with an usb key or portable hard drive.

That will be done by the ‘media browser’ function which looks directly at the USB drive file system, not a DLNA server. Does it play the same AVI files that cause problems on the MyCloud?

When you connect to the MyCloud, what function do you use on the TV? The same media browser as for USB, or something else? Do you connect at a network file server, or a DLNA server?

Sadly, ‘smart TV’ are often not very smart, and use entirely separate pieces of software to support USB browsing and DLNA browsing.

in my computer, i can read avi file.

Using what software, and what means of connecting to the MyCloud: DLNA server or file server?

What is kodi ?

It is a very sophisticated media player: Google it.

Thank you for your help. Yes I do. they are the same as I FILES bed by usb or MyCloud. USB and AC works very well. kodi can install on your tv?

My questions are trying to find out if there is a problem with the Twonky DLNA media server on the MyCloud, or with the DLNA client in your TV. To do that, I need you to answer each and every question carefully, and as fully as possible. Otherwise I cannot help. The questions I asked were trying to identify if you were already using a DLNA client on your PC (what programming are you using on the PC to view these AVI files?).

It is very unlikely that you will be able to install Kodi on your TV. I suggested it as a possible alternative DLNA client to use to access files on your MyCloud DLNA server.

Ok.
When I connect Mycloud, I use same function in my tv
I have two choice “usb” or “multimedia server”, I select “multimedia server”.
In my tv and in my computer i use file server to read video. In my computer i’m open with vlc.
I am do a test. Mp4 and mkv it’s ok in my tv

I have two choice “usb” or “multimedia server”, I select “multimedia server”.

In my tv and in my computer i use file server to read video.

The ‘multimedia server’ will be a DLNA server, NOT a file server

I am do a test. Mp4 and mkv it’s ok in my tvtv

That means that the DLNA server is working, and able to use certain video container and codec formats. If you don’t understand these terms, Google them.

In my computer i’m open with vlc.

Can you get VLC to access the DLNA server, rather than the file server?* Then try playing an AVI file from the DLNA server. This is to see if there is a problem with serving all AVI files from your DLNA server to all DLNA clients, or just to the DLNA client in your TV.

* A quick Google suggests the PC version of VLC can:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=vlc+dlna

I’m afraid you may just have to accept the limitation of your TV, and convert your AVI files into a format your TV can understand, using a program such as VLC or Handbrake.

Right, I have now done what you might have done in the first place, which is to read the manual for your TV.

P67 of the manual gives a list of file formats that your TV can use, via USB, and via DLNA (DMS).

This table explicitly says that your TV cannot play AVI files from a DLNA Media Server.

Manuals are good, and it pays to read them.

Thanks for all.
I’m an other problem, i’m convert avi to mp4, but some are impossible to read.
Thanks many

Hello,
I still need you for the last time.
In myCloud mp4 works. But when I read avi convert in mp4 by me, I can not read.
I use free avi converter, and I have try any format. But if convert in mkv, I can read, but it’s so long.

Thanks all