MyCloud app uses over 22GB of my iPhone storage!

I will start by saying my iPhone shows that the My Cloud app uses 46.9 MB of storage space! And, ALL of my Camera Roll has been uploaded to my My Cloud and with no dups!

Instead of appearing in the forum telling us what a piece of junk the app and My Cloud are, and that you may return it to Best Buy, you could have just politely asked for help, because you obviously need some!

The likely reason the app is taking up 22.1 GB on YOUR phone is somehow you downloaded a lot of data into your My Cloud app’s Download folder! Take a look inside that folder and see what it is full of – my guess is has photos and videos from your Camera Roll. Clear the app’s cache to empty the Download folder of My Cloud app. (the storage number I gave you is when my cache is empty of any downloaded files.)

So, now begin anew by first deleting the folder on your My Cloud that has previously stored the Camera Roll contents.

Before you start the backup again, you had better read this previous post of mine:

In addition, I do not use the auto-backup feature of My Cloud. Instead I have my own procedure:

– I created a folder on the My Cloud device in Shared Pictures named New Uploads.
– I then go into the iPhone app and go to this folder. It is empty at first, I then manually upload the whole Camera Roll into this new folder – but only this first time, then on susquent backups I select only the new additions to the Camera Roll since last backup.

Furthermore, after I have uploaded into to New Uploads I MOVE the files in it into other subfolders I have made. such as a folder for my stuff, called Mike, and in it there are folders for photos and videos. There can be other folders, where I put the photos and videos from the Aug 2016, vacation for example. You get the idea. At the end of this, the New Uploads foder is now empty again, and ready for the next backup, but one must remember to manually select only the past phots/videos since the past backup was done.

Lastly, see this post and :LIKE it by clicking on the heart icon!

1 Like