MyBook Live not seen by WD Smartware and shows up as a computer in My Network

I have a MyBook Live 1 TB ser# WMC1U8830638 running the latest firmware MyBook Live 02.43.10-048 : Core F/W Augusat 2015. It woirked fine and was seen in WD Smartware and on my Network and a MyBook Live until I got my windows 10 updated to version 1803. The settings on my book live can be adjusted because I can still log in to its web address, If you go in to windows explorer and click on my networks, it shows up as a computer instead of MyBook with its usual icon… If you double click on the it opens the 3 folders, Public, Smartware, and MyTimeMachineBackup. But even with the lasted version of WD Smartare v 2.5.21.1, it does not show up as a device so you cannot use it. If you use windows File History, it will not show up as a back-up drive. I was able to assign drive letters to the folders Smartware (Y:) and MyTimeMachineBack-up (Z:) but these also do not allow to be selected in File History (File History will only let me back up into the "Public Folder, not the other 2) and do not show up in WD Smartware.

I can read files off the drive and copy them somewhere else but the only back-up that I can use is Windows 7 Back-up and Restore (which shows up in the control panel on Windows 10 if you install it) and recognizes the drives on MyBook Live but it is hard to find individual files in it because there are 200 zipped folders with numerical names.

BTW my computer network is set for private with sharing, and the Network is called "Workgroup, same as the Name for the WD sfotware on the Web Settings.

Any suggestions how I can use WD smartware again?

Hi bobgto65,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en

The link below will allow you to call support.