My files on both MY BOOK and MY PASSPORT keep disappearing on my Mac then come back after restart

I’ve used WD drives for years with no problems but in the past year since buying a MY Passport and connecting it I’ve had this problem occur more and more. The problem is my files will disappear in my finder window if I pull the computer out of sleep. I can see the drive but that’s it. I try to eject the drives but a window will pop up saying they are in use and I have to force eject even though no programs are using them. Instead I restart my computer. Then all my files will show up again until the next time my computer goes to sleep and I have to do it all over again. I hate having to restart my computer constantly! I’ve also had problems with WD utilities running scans. Sometimes the app doesn’t even let me click on the scan buttons and when I do a complete scan it either doesn’t do anything or after 5 minutes says it failed. Help!

*update: I came to realize that time machine was using them and that’s why I couldn’t eject. Still would like a solution as to why my files disappear after my computer goes to sleep!

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: macOS: External Drive No Longer Accessible After Returning from System Sleep