Every time I wake up my Mac, I have to force eject my WD external drive

I have 3 WD drives, but one always needs to be force ejected when I wake up my Mac from sleep mode. When I wake up the Mac, the external drive shows no folders or files and since I use it as a scratch disk for Photoshop, my Photoshop would crash. Then I have to force eject the drive and unplug. Then plug it back in.

How do I fix this? I already wiped the drive and reformatted it.

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: macOS: External Drive No Longer Accessible After Returning from System Sleep

Read this. Similar problem is resolved here.

Long story short, remove WD Discovery software from your iMAC.

I have a similar issue – my 2 WD external Passports for Mac auto-eject if the computer goes to sleep. At that point, I have to force eject (even if programs it says to quit are not running, risking losing data), then unplug and re-plug in the WD drives.

Under “energy saver” I’d already de-selected “put hard disks to sleep when possible,” and this does not stop the auto-eject from occurring, even if I’m only away for a short while.

So far, I haven’t lost any data, but I certainly have panicked when I try to open a WD drive no avail or it won’t load onto my desktop. I’ve inquired about this before to WD online, and got no response. Bad design flaw as it is.

I have done that already where I turn off putting HD into sleep. It still forces me to force eject the hard drive when I wake up my computer.