My Cloud Home is Migrating for 4 days now

Is it working now? For me it’s been all day and no access to data yet. The “migrating” message appears.

1 Like

Here also. The whole day (19 hours long so far) it is/was offline.

■■■■ !

Same here too, almost 24 hours and it is still undergo the Content Migration Process, this is totally not acceptable. I will migrate to another brand of product after this.

1 Like

Here as well. At the 24 hour mark on a 4TB, with about 1 million files on it…

I had the same thing happen to me yesterday. After waiting 4 hours, I tried to reboot from the app three times. It seemed to do the trick, cause after 10 minutes, the migration stopped.
I know for a fact that no information was uploaded out of it from my 4TB, cause I monitor my Wifi usage and I didn’t see any unusual upload.

OMG! This is also happening to me. I need the files for WORK… Please help to fix this WD!

I just called Support Center and they said Migrating is NOT a serious issue. Yes, it is not. BUT I can’t access my files is the SERIOUS issue. I can’t access my files since yesterday until now. Any solution?

What else did they say? Just wait until it finish migrating?

1 Like

YES. They told me to wait until it’s finished

2 Likes

Thanks.

Yes it’s working now.

Envoyé de mon iPhone

It will take upto 5 days for migration as per the information in the link in WD website.
Please do not disconnect power and network.

Regards

2 Likes

Check out if you have enabled offline option, if so the files will be in the folder My Cloud Offline Files on the desktop.

2 Likes

Still going today - must be migrating to Mars!

2 Likes

Mine is fine now. Took about 24 hours. 4TB unit that was about 50% full. What a relief! Good Luck everyone!

1 Like

Mine is now complete and the files are there - took about 2 days. When it was unresponsive at first and I didn’t know what was happening I powered it off and on again, so if anyone else did that and are worried they might lose data it looks OK.
Still not happy with WD - they didn’t respond to the support ticket I raised either.

2 Likes

… and still going!

What is happening is unacceptable… I am reliving the fears of when I took the cryptolocker.

not even a notice of reassurance from WD to its loyal customers

After buying 8 WD My Passport 3T, 1 WD My Book 8T, 1 WD My Cloud Hom 8T … ready to migrate from WD!

Yes it happens sometime. Once it took a week for me to migrate. Don’t worry it will work :slight_smile:

I hope so.

happened to you with the latest firmware a few days ago? then everything worked like before … thank you