My Cloud Home is Migrating for 4 days now

Slow clap, terrible customer service, no warnings, no access to data for over a day, not what you buy a storage product for…

It has been 8 hours that is migrating, i have 4 TB mycloud home and 93% free.
hope to recover the data fast…

At least WD should notify us with the time that this could take…
It is not acceptable and seem WD don’t care to notify us that this might take DAYS not “Minutes” this is not acceptable

Yes I agree there should a percentage bar to tell us if it is moving along. Got an email from WD today for your reference:

Note: We do not recommend to reboot or reset your device.

My Cloud Home “Device Is Migrating” Message in the Web and Mobile App

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8025/initiator/user

Good Luck!

Thank you … JUST CAME NOW

and still chundering. It was slowing my file explorer down too so I’ve now just unplugged it from the network (still has power). Surely the no of extra hours of activity on the drive will not be good for it’s health. I’ve had no WD warnings - do they not read these messages?

And the online form for reporting the problem is ‘UNAVAILABLE’ - what a load of **********

…what that means is you’ve not logged in and registered your product!

this morning has finally finished the migration (for where?) …
The files all look in their place … finally

Now I back up everything … and look for a professional NAS

good luck

Had a Tweet dialogue with WD Support - and about 30 mins ago they told me it should be sorted. Just checked and I can see my files again. Now to work out how to prune the data so that I can use it to backup a subset of my PC files.

Same problem here since July 30, it’s already been 8 days now… no clue what’s happening and where to look for a help.

1 Like

Yep, since yesterday - same problem for me. I have MyCloud 6TB, where 55% are free. Firstly I haven’t just even understand the issue. I thought there is some problem with my storage, so I have rebooted it. I have several times restarted my MAC and finally get to the issue - data migration for ages…

I have wrote feedback in Instagram, and I get a replay. ROFL, OMG look at this professional service replay to my account @lipchevstudio:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrLCi0-ADHL/

Now, let’s see how they will replay to my replay…

I will write ASAP as I get further details, but let me summarise all that I have been reading whole day:

1. It’s not a problem if you have rebooted the storage. It will just force to start from beginning, without any data lose. So, do not reboot or power off. Just let it does this migration.
  2. Normally it will takes up to 5 days depending on the database complexity and storage volume and your local network bandwidth.
  3. It’s good to enable internet connection.
  4. Data migration will not upload your files to WD cloud or neither WD are stolen any files from you. Data migration process means that the device will migrate from older DATABASE STRUCTURE to new one. So, storage devices with bigger storage volume and less empty space - migration will cost more time. Also another factor is the amount of files. Less count of files is better, bigger count - will take up more time.

I will get back to you soon with more details.

Hope so, all of us will finally get data migration to it’s successful end.

PS: Please, when someone has completed the data migration process, share for us - the storage amount, empty space percentage, files count and days that it took to finish the process. Like that we will help each other determine approximately how long time it will takes for each of us to get to the end of data migration process. Thank you!

Summerise:

Device: MyCloud Home 6TB (5,83TB actual size)
Free Storage: 3,22 TB (55%)
Used Storage: 2,61 TB (45%)
Data Migration Since: 19 hours.

Can you please share your storage volume, empty space of the storage, number of files hosted and the time it took to finalise data migration. Thank you :))

Same problem here, it’s been migrating for more than 5 days here, and I cannot acces the files, I didn’t even know it was migrating, I thought it got broken or something.

Is any WD Staff could help with this situation, I’m waitting for way too long, and I urgently need to acces my files. I didn’t get any notification saying this was going to hapen, I don’t even know WHY this is hapening.

I face the same problem (probably related to the last update of the firmware). After 5 days of the „data migration“ error messgae we did a reboot which didn‘t solve the problem - it still says „content migration“.
@WD_Admin: Do you have a solution for the problem?

Reboot restarts the migration from scratch apparently.

Having the same problem waited 30 mins on hold for customer service for them to tell me I have the wrong department and they are closing that someone will get back to me. I will never be recommending WD products to anyone this is ridiculous. Customer service is terrible product is not reliable if you have to wait 5 days to get your data.

Day 11 of migrating.

Day 12 of migrating, it is all coming back now. Not quite fully back, but close.