My Book Live Share File Question

Not a tech junkie but can usually figure things out, so bare with me if this seems like a stupid question.

I have a MybookLive external drive (I don’t have a personal cloud but was told when I purchased this it worked like a cloud.  I hope I got good info in that regards).

I have created a private share that I will place a data file that can only be opened by a specific software.  The person I with to share this file with is remote (same city, but definitely not within my wifi range).  How do I share this file with this person?

We both need to access this file to make changes - but we don’t need to be on the file at the same time.

Now that I have created the private share with a username and password and have limited this person’s access to this specific share, what is the next step?

Do I need to map that computer to access an external drive through the internet?  Or do I need to install the dashboard onto that computer?  If so, how do I do that without giving this person full access to all of my other data?

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

You can try to get the WD My Cloud desktop application or you can also go to wd2go.com and access the unit from the remote location. This are the 2 choices you can have o access those files remotely.

Here is a link that might help you setting up your unit:

http://setup.wd2go.com/

you can go to the how to’s section, they are really good help.

1 Like

Thank you!  I’ll try that over the weekend and will Accept Solution once I have it working.  Really appreciate your help!