My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.10 - 048

I have attempted to update my firmware 5 times to date, but never get pass the download step. I have installed all the latest Microsoft updates as suggested, clear my cache, restarted both the device, router, and computer. Is there a way to manually download and install the update as a file? HELP!! New Release - My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.10 - 048 (6/22/2015​) [New] Options 2 weeks ago WD is happy to release the My Book Live Firmware Version 02.43.10 - 048. For the firmware update and release notes please check out the My Book Live Product Update page. For instructions on how to do an automatic update, please refer to Answer ID 5735: How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo. Feel free to post your experiences in the My Book Live forum. Resolved Issues: Resolved issue of POODLE (CVE-2014-3566) SSLv3 security vulnerability

Hello,

I recommend you contact support directly for assistance with this issue.

Contact WD

Will do. Thank you.

@jeffrey.shields  Did you manage to get an answer ?  I have the same issue. If you have anything to share, please let us know … otherwise I’ll contact support

After 12 hours or so, I managed to restart the download … all fixed now.

Please forgive the delay. I spent 2 hrs on with tech support. After numerous resets and hard boots, removing 1.2 gig of data, I am still no closer to completing the download. I’m at the point of just giving up. There is so much more one can do with 4 hours of time.

http://download.wdc.com/nas/apnc-024310-048-20150507.deb

1 Like

Thank you, you rock!!

My, “My Book Live” hasn’t been able to auto update, or web update since I purchased it 3 years ago.  The only successful FW updates I have been able to accomplish have been by being able to find the .DEB file, downloading it to my computer, and selecting “update from file”.  Thank you wdlive76 - you made this much easier for me.  Time to update my firm ware.

UPDATE - worked like a charm first try.  Many thanks.

L-J-C wrote:

My, “My Book Live” hasn’t been able to auto update, or web update since I purchased it 3 years ago.  The only successful FW updates I have been able to accomplish have been by being able to find the .DEB file, downloading it to my computer, and selecting “update from file”.  Thank you wdlive76 - you made this much easier for me.  Time to update my firm ware.

UPDATE - worked like a charm first try.  Many thanks.

I am willing to bet that the reason you have been unable to autoupdate is because your MBL is not able to connect to the internet.  This is most likely because of a problem between the MBL and the router.  Is your MBL set to a static IP in the MBL Dashboard Interface?  Try setting it to DHCP.   9 times of out 10, the reason for not beening able to communicate with the internet is that the router is unable to send a DNS address to the MBL.  With the MBL set to DHCP, then set up a static IP address for the MBL in the router’s configuration webpage (not the MBL’s configuration webpage).   Reboot both router and MBL.  See what happens. 

Thanks Jeffrey…you made it easy for me after check every website at WD.

I’m having the same problem but I can’t download the file, is there an alternative download location?

There’s a download on a third party site. Use at your own risk I guess