My Book Live Duo - replacing a HD

I have a My Book Live Duo 8TB Personal Cloud Storage NAS.

One HDD failed. It’s a 4TB HGST 0f14697.

This is the first NAS I owned so I have some basic questions:

1. Can I replace the faulty HDD with any 4TB drive, or does it has to be the exact model?

2. If both HDDs must be identical, can I insert two HDDs from other manufacturer / other sizes (like two 8TB for example)?

3. Any recommendations?

I’ll be grateful for any answer/tip/advice! Thank you!

Normally, WD recommends that you use the same line of drives if is not the same, something that is almost the same.

See if the following link helps:

Thank you!

In the manual it says: “Important: Only WD large capacity hard drive assemblies can be inserted into the My Book Live Duo drive enclosure. Visit http://support.wdc.com and search the Knowledge Base Answer 8644 for detailed instructions on obtaining a replacement drive for this product. Use only WD hard drive assemblies or your warranty will be voided.”

But there is no list or “detailed instructions on obtaining a replacement drive for this product.” under answer 8644…

So from what I understand, any large size WD/HGST HDD should be fine, even if it’s a different size. Is that right?

Before I buy a replacement, I want to be sure: can I replace one 4TB HGST 0f14697 with a 4TB WD WD40EZRX?

Will the NAS work with one 4TB HGST 0f14697 and one 4TB WD WD40EZRX?

Thanks!!!
Lior