OK, I’ll admit right off the bat that I made a stupid mistake…
I recently got the Live Hub for my son because he has such a love of watching old movies. I read through several posts and noted that many users were using DVDFab to convert their DVDs into mkv format. I made a trial run and created an mkv file that played fine on the Live Hub. I had temporarily moved a TV into my office to test the files to ensure that they worked. After the first one worked ok, I moved the TV out, lined up 6 laptops and desktops and started ripping through a huge stack of DVDs. Unfortunately, when I set all of them up, I must have set something up wrong because now the 80+ DVDs that I’ve burned will not produce any audio. The Live Hub is connected via a composite cable, but will eventually be connected via HDMI or fiber.
The settings that I used on DVDFab are as follows:
-DVD Ripper (to mkv)
-This profile sets it to 1-pass fast encoding, 1015 kbps, 720x392, framrate same as source, audio 448kbps, 5.1 multichannel (depending on DVD source)
The video seems to be fine. I’m previewing on a small screen but will eventually be on a large plasma screen. First I would like to know if there is an “easy” way to do a batch reformatting of the audio to convert it into a playable format. Secondly, I would like to know if there is a better setup for DVDFab that would have prevented this mishap in the first place.
I have tried using handbrake to reformat the audio. It actually made the file larger because it seemed to have added a second audio track that is playable by the Hub. However, it took 5 hours for one movie and I am unsure if it downgraded the video any when I made the conversion. Thank you in advance for your help.