MOJO 1.08.06 (Official Release) UPDATE 4/24/11

If you check the 3rd checkbox that I told you to check (and set the options correctly) the .xml file should have been generated when you generated the thumbnail.

Make sure that you don’t see an .nfo file, if you did, you didn’t setup the options correctly.

ok i missed the .xml part. its in the file now… BUT which of the 8 lil checked boxs do i have to have checks in? are u telling me from left to right  or right to left ?

Left to right, as you read.

ok got it.,

have 3 file

[Deleted]_sheet.jpg

Kick-**bleep**.avi.tgmd

Kick-**bleep**.xml

this good?

Almost, one thing that I forgot.  In the “Options”, next to the “Extra Moviesheet” make sure that you have in the box “$M$N”, this will make  the naming correct for the thumbnail.

It should then generate:

16 Blocks.png (manually change to 16 Blocks.jpg)

16 Blocks.xml

16 Blocks.tgmd

The .tgmd file isn’t necessary, but is a Thumbgen file, so if you want to go back and change the look of your thumbnail, it makes it faster to process.

Also, you can make all of your thumbnails, then see THIS to batch convert the png’s to jpg.

this is what i  have

wd_tv.jpg

Kick-**bleep**.xml

Kick-**bleep**.jpg

You shouldn’t have the “wd_tv.jpg” (you have the wrong box checked if you have this).

The files are right though if you have"

Kick-as.xml

Kick-as.jpg  (this should have generated as a .png  that you changed to .jpp and should be your thumbnail)

And just to be clear.  When you generate the Cover box thumbnail, does it say “Kick-as.png”?  Because if it says “Kick-as.jpg” when you generate it, then it will not look right.  You have to manually (DO NOT use any software) change the extension from .png to .jpg.

If you look at the thumbnails from your PC, they should look just like this HERE.

Pay close attention to the reflection part of the image, if it looks solid and not transparent, then you are doing something wrong.

Hi Tw,

Firstly thank you for all the hard work you put in for everyone’s benefit.

I’m pretty new to the Hub and your MOJO theme is pure class and really pushes the envelope (Pay attention WD). Would you mind answering a quick question for me, please? I’m running on a Mac and see that ThumbGen is not Mac compatible, does that mean that using your covers are beyond me for the time being (unless I run in an emulation mode)?

Thanks once again,

PS - Voodoo looks a barnstormer!

Throughball

Dumb question, but here goes…

When I download the templates for thumbgen, I only have the blue ray one.  Are there others?  I don’t see the green one.

Jason

I believe you need to look in the template folder, they are all there and all I do is rename the one I want to BR.jpg. 

Jason,

Yes, there are others.   The link was broken (having trouble with mediafire, second time it switched links on me), just redownload the covers using the link on the first post or from HERE .

hey man…

ok i created my 2 files

Black Hawk Down.xml

Black Hawk Down.jpg (was .png)

i drop them into my video folder with all my .mkv files and i didnt see anything around the Black Hawk  movie?

is there a step i am missing??

plz advise thanks

mike

Ok, first try this.

Go to Setup, select System and look at Media Library and make sure that it is “ON”.  If it says “OFF”, turn it on.

If it is “ON”, try unplugging the power cord, then plug it back in.  After it comes back on, it should start compiling the library, after it finishes, check to see if your thumbnails now show up.

The next thing to try is to go to Setup, then System, select Media Library, then select Clear Media Library.   A pop up should come up asking if you are sure you want to clear the library, select “OK”.  After the library compiles, check to see if the thumbnails are showing up.

The last thing to try is, from your PC, open the folder “.wd_tv” (same folder were the themes are), and you should see a folder named “thumbs”.  Delete this folder.  Then unplug the power cord and plug it back in.

ok i did all 3 and none of them worked. odd.

i deleted the folder unplunged and it re-created libery

and nothin. no cover

Ok, one last thing.

Backup any themes you have load on the HUB, just copy them to your PC.

Once you have the themes backed up.  Then on the HUB, go to Setup / Appearence / User Interface Themes and select “Mochi” as your theme.

Now from your PC, delete the entire “.wd_tv” folder.   Then give it a few minutes, it should rebuild the .wd_tv folder, after it does, copy your themes back to the “themes” folder and reapply MOJO.

no go man…

i dono,…

inside my \WDTVLIVEHUB folder i have the following…

.wd_tv

metadata

music

video

photos

the metadata folder seems to have moives.jpg and movies.xml files

does this mean ahything

Ok,

Now it may make more sense.  What firmware version are you running?

If you still have a “metadata” folder in the “.wd_tv” folder, then you are probably running an older version of the firmware.  In which case you’ll either need to upgrade your firmware (I would suggest to upgrade to version 2.04.13) or place your thumbnail .jpgs and .xml files in the “metadata” folder.

Just so you know, the newer firmware doesn’t use the metadata folder anymore.

Also, you may have to rename your thumbnail .jpgs & .xmls, because it uses a different naming method in the older firmware.  The naming isn’t straight forward as it is with newer firmware.

So something like:

Pirates of the Carribean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.jpg

Would have to be named:

Pirates%20of%20the%20Carribean%3a%20The%20Curse%20the%20Black%20Pearl.jpg (and .xml)

Where “%20” equals spaces and “%3a” equals “:”.

I DONO WHAT HAPPEN NUT ALL MY MOVIES GOT DELETED ..

I CANT CLEAR LIBERY MEDIA TO BRING THEM BACK?

ALL I DID WAS DELETE A PHOTO FOLDER SHIIIT!

WHAT I DO!>

Can you see the movies from your PC?

If you can still see them when you access the HUB from your PC, then they aren’t deleted.