Modifying PHP.INI variables for Joomla on EX2 Ultra

Hi,
I want to modify some php.ini variables for allowing my Joomla site to upload big files (post_max_size and upload_max_filesize). But when changing /etc/php/php.ini file, it seems that issue remains the same.
Where should I change these variables for my local Joomla site to upload big files?
It seems that this subject is not often answered on forum…

Hi @lmagniez,

Please refer below link to check My Cloud OS 5: 3rd Party Apps Matrix:

Hope it helps!!

Hi lmagniez,
Maybe you can explain, how did you changed php.ini at all? There is no file manager or I do not know. Media management in Joomla show max file size 10Mb, but Extension install show Maximum upload size: 0
3rd party Apps Matrix not help at all there

Welcome @Imagniez to the community!

Are you finding the changes you’re making to the php.ini are persisting beyond system restarts or updates?

Have you verified the value setup in Joomla > Content > Media Manager > Options > Maximum Size?

#WDUserRewards

Not sure @Romasx what method Imagniez used but one of the ways to access these files is via SSH.

Hi,

I finally gave up as, even via SSH access in PHP.INI file, no modifications were considered.
When also checking in Joomla > Content > Options > Maximum size, the field remained at 0 bytes…
So, no possibility to upload neither a file not an extension…

Not being able to upload a file at all seems odd. Have you tried reaching out to WD to find out if that was intentional or not?
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

1. What was the ssh code you used to get into the php ini please?

2. I need to change the php.ini: allow_url_fopen=On ) would this cause any issues with the wd cloud Ex4100?

3. I know it wont keep the setting after restart or upgrade I will do it manually each time

And why pray do tell is this Not set to on? in os5

Yes this would be the kind of thing that i would be intrested in as i run a webserver out my box and ty for sharing got a link where we can I can hook up to your software. Thanks again

As I said, the app has not been released. It may be a while because I’m currently focused on other projects, but when it’s eventually released, it can be found with the rest of my app creations via the following link.

Thanks for this man had a blast at most your stuff very intresting and hooked up with docker now thanks to this wd comunity you know anything about this file browser any oplans hooking that up Cerbus docker is below

this is the original docker command for file browser

docker run
-v /path/to/root:/srv
-v /path/filebrowser.db:/database.db
-v /path/.filebrowser.json:/.filebrowser.json
-u $(id -u):$(id -g)
-p 8080:80
filebrowser/filebrowser

my question is if i ran this on docker like this instead

docker run
-v /path/to/root:/cloud/shares
-v /path/filebrowser.db:/database.db
-v /path/.filebrowser.json:/.filebrowser.json
-u $(id -u):$(id -g)
-p 8080:8181
filebrowser/filebrowser

Would it go to my cloud share folder? If not what would i need to put in the docer code please for wd cloud ex4100?

And fwy All your apps are amazing m8 love what you have done much big thank you from me

Sorry, but I don’t do Docker.

Glad they are useful. More are coming, but development is a slow process.