Menus from media manager on TV do not go to the folders

Hello, 

I’ve bought a weeks ago the WD Elements 2TB, I formatted for Mac and load with pictures, movies and music. When I go to the media manager and I click on the link for videos  or music, it goes directly to the root (like the file manager), When I go to the picture link the system goes to the music folder and opens the disk pictures, and I can not navigate to other folders. How can I do that the media manager goes to the folder where it should go?

Thanks

Toni

Both those behaviours are exactly as described in the manual, from what I can see.

where? I am just reading again  now

Video Playback
To play back video:

1. Browse to the Videos category, then press ENTER.
  2. Press the up or down arrow to select the multimedia drive or the optional attached USB storage device (location you want to access video files from), then press ENTER.
  3. Press the ENTER button on the remote control again to view the contents of the multimedia drive or attached USB storage device.
  4. Use the up and down navigation buttons on the remote control to navigate to the folder containing videos and press the ENTER button on the remote control to view the folder’s contents.
  5. Use the up and down navigation buttons on the remote control to scroll through the list of videos. A preview of the video will appear on the right side of the screen.
  6.  Locate the video file you want to play.
  • To begin playback of a single video file, highlight the file, and then press ENTER.
  • To begin playback of a video playlist, highlight the playlist name, then press PAUSE/PLAY.
  • To begin playback of all video files in a folder, highlight a video in that folder, then press PAUSE/PLAY.

Photo Display

1. Select the Photos icon, then press ENTER.
  2. Press either or to select the multimedia drive or optional attached USB storage device (location you want to access photo files from), then press ENTER.
  3. The screen displays thumbnails of all available picture files and photo folders. Only image files supported by the multimedia drive are displayed.
  4. Locate the picture file you want to view.
  • To open a single picture file for viewing, select the file, and then press ENTER.
  • To view the next picture file in the photo folder, press NEXT (photo).
  • To view the previous picture file in the photo folder, press PREV (previous).

I don’t have my EP in front of me at the moment, but I *think* that’s changed in the SETUP options.

There’s setup for PHOTOS, VIDS, and MUSIC…  and I think you adjust the view there.

HI. How have you organised the files and folders on your disk?  

I have movies and tv show folders under a top folder called Video, the music folders under a top folder called Music and the photo folders all under a top folder called Photo.

Everything seems to work fine.