MBL works fine, Green Light never ceases to BLINK

hi all,

I have a 3TB MBL (2.5TB used so far). I believe the mbl is in a good working condition as I am able to access it remotedly/by server.

My only worry is the non-stop green blinking light which I fear might impact the operating lifetime of the MBL.

I have WD DLNA server and I dont believe scaning of media files should take over 15 days. Is there anything i need to disable to stop this happening.

Any suggestion please?

thanks as always

Hello, the Green light will blink when the My Book live is accessed or when the files are being indexed. If the light continues to blink, you can try disconnecting the Ethernet cable to see if it stops. 

thanks for the reply.

I am not accessing any files from the mbl and the mbl has been on for over 2 weeks with light always blinking…does it usually take this long to index from your experience?.  what do you suggest at this point?

sunky wrote:

thanks for the reply.

I am not accessing any files from the mbl and the mbl has been on for over 2 weeks with light always blinking…does it usually take this long to index from your experience?.  what do you suggest at this point?

Try turning off parts of the MBL to check if there’s something wrong forcing atcivity. Start by setting a static IP, then disable wd2go remote access, then disable the DLNA media server/Twonky. If you still have that problem then shut down all computers on your local network to test if there’s a computer trying to PING it, and if it still blinks with no computers, DLNA, and remote access disabled then your MBL has a bug reported many times in the board that I think was fixed by recent firmware.