Lost share on mybook live 3TB

Hi all,

Bought two external nas drives 3TB, both showed up fine, configured one and off I went.

Eveything went fine, created a new share, users, and started filling that with data (1 TB so far).

And the next thing happening is that the share is no more accesible, ie it wont show up in my network neighbourhood.

The share is still visible the Mybook Live UI, the files are still on the drive according to the size in use, but somehow the share is no more accessible for me. The music files in the standard public share are still there and the itunes server works fine. I can also get into the User Interface through html but that;s it.

No reboots logouts or whatsoever, simply nothing that may have caused this to happen.

Now what to do? 

How do I get to my data without loosing it all, create yet another user?, I allready have two with full access to this share but that doesn’t work at all. 

Anyone? please?

Hello,

Are you able to see the rest of the share folders?

Is that share a public or private share? If is private, make sure that you are allowing access to your users.

Also if is private share, you may try to change that to public for troubleshooting steps.

Hi,

Thx for the reply, some answers;

All prefab share folders are visible and I have one homemade share, the one that I can’t see.

The share is public and I did assign users with full access to it.

If I go the shared tab on my mac I can see the disk and the three standard shares but not my own share.

I managed to find the share again through the recent folders and I can then access it and put data on it. But that is not the right way how it should work, because now it only works if I go back in time…

So no one knows ?

My first suggestion would be to go to shares in the dashboard and rename the share and save it. See if it now shows up on the network under the new name. If it does, go back to the dashboard and rename it back to the original name and again see if it shows up on the network under the original name now.

Neh, that didn’t work, did it as you said but no.

What os runs on those disks? 
And what if I connect it to my mac with usb? Maybe then I can change anything?

Maybe that way I can remove the share (not the folder and without losing all the data!!!) so the share only, and then create a new share on the folder containing the data. 

But to be able to do that I need some more (su?) power. and maybe a direct connection.

Any help is much appreciated.

The MBL runs Debian. No way to connect it to your MAC via USB unless you remove the drive from the enclosure which would void your warranty.

You can enable SSH at http://mybooklive/UI/ssh and ssh in using WinSCP for Windows and any program that supports sftp on the Mac

username: root

password: welc0me

browse to /shares or /DataVolume/shares and your folder and data should be there

opzolder wrote:

Hi,

Thx for the reply, some answers;

All prefab share folders are visible and I have one homemade share, the one that I can’t see.

The share is public and I did assign users with full access to it.

I just noticed you said the share is public but you assigned users to it. I believe the only way to assign users to a share would be to make it private. You may want to change it to public again in the dashboard and see if it shows up again.