Latest Transmission for EX2 Ultra - can't reorder torrents?!

Apologies if this has already been address. I did search and search and have spent the majority of the day reading old threads on Transmission but none seem to address my issue here.

I installed the official Transmission from the Apps section of my EX2 Ultra interface, so it seems to be the latest and greatest version available from WD. The order of the torrents seems to be alphabetical, and the “Move up/down” and “Move to top/bottom” options do absolutely nothing.

I thought maybe it was a UI thing, so I installed another web UI (wow what an improvement), but the “Move up/down” and “Move to top/bottom” buttons and menu selections still do absolutely nothing!

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? A beta package? Anything?

Thanks!

I even tried updating to 2.9.2 with the instructions here (and hex editing the packages to work on an EX2 Ultra as explained here) and I STILL can’t reorder the torrents! Going to try 2.9.4 from Entware next I suppose, but it’s hard to imagine a bug that large could survive from the default 2.8x to 2.9.2 without being squished, so I’m thinking it’s not a problem with Transmission … ?

Even with 2.9.4 from Entware, transmission-web-control web GUI, and Transmission Remote GUI on my Windows box, I can not get the download order to change :confused:

Ok, looks like a Transmission quirk, and I found my answer -

https://forum.transmissionbt.com/viewtopic.php?t=17864

I can’t believe that took me half a day to figure out. At least I’m on 2.9.4 now and have Entware installed and working :smiley:

Hi Hyacin,

Can you please tell me how you installed transmission version 2.94 in Ex2 ultra?

My goodness, I wish I could! Especially that I’m now considering upgrading to an EX4100 and may have to redo all my efforts!

I think I found it on that package site that was linked around here somewhere … ah - https://wdcommunity.com/

Hrm, actually, no, it does not appear to be there …

It must have been a thread around here somewhere! I’m sorry I don’t have the specifics (and I’ve been typing this response for a day now while trying to figure it out on and off) … hopefully more forum digging can turn it up for you!

You mean this post?

I intend to make this a bit easier in the nearby future.

1 Like

YES! I probably installed it from Entware! Thanks, that is almost certainly the way I did it - especially that when I log in to my box, I do indeed have opkg installed!

1 Like

Thanks a lot. @Tfl and @Hyacin
I was able to install transmission version 2.94 using Entware on WD Ex2 ultra