Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

First i have to say thanks for this nice Theme an the support.

I have some questions:

I have the new WD live TV HD Box:  http://www.amazon.de/Western-Digital-TV-Live-Streaming/dp/B005MYX33K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1356303911&sr=8-1

i stream the movies from my PC via network.

And the Theme from the first page. Everything works fine. The Thumbs are loading corectly but the moviesheets not. 

Where are the shown? When i select a movie in the menue? 

Here is a folder sample

And a screenshot from my Settings in ThumbGen 1.3.0.0

and the save settings

Is there something wrong?

When i have some changes (thumbs, sheets…) i cant see them on the tv? Is it necessery to reboot the wd-box to see the changes?

Another question: Is it possible to show the thumbs of the movies and folders bigger on the Theme?

Thanks alot for your help and sorry 4 my bad english.

Working good no issues as of yet and with the rss mod i have rss working if visually lacking on my part :slight_smile:

Only serious downside is rescanning so much media to get movie and tv sheets to match but what a person to do…lol.

can someone tell me what fonts there are uset in kudos 4.1 folder genre

Font = NEUROPOL.TTF

http://www.fonts4free.net/neuropol-font.html

Cheers LB

Hi Xpressmusic

You must of played with the THUMBGEN “options”. You will need to un-install the Bundle (under Manage Bundles), then re-install the KUDOS V4 Bundle again.

Two things i noticed, which leads me to believe your options are not correct

1. You have *.tgmd files generated. The Kudos Bundle is configured not to do this.

2. THUMBNAIL configuration is wrong, should be     “$M</strong>”     NOT        " $M\folder"

Other than that, looks ok…

Cheers LB

1 Like

thanks for your quick reply

Hello I want to go to use this theme… however I was wondering if there is already a guide available which describes installation/generation of sheets for this theme? Please can someone help me or indicate me where i can find it?

Hi Mavaag

Try this Guide - Mirrored on front page HERE

Added Weekly build for those interested - No support, located on Front Page (1)

Cheers LB

thx…great theme…going to install it…

Hi,

great theme! looks really smart. I am however having a problem with Thumbgen! using the guide when i get to step 5 loading the bundle under bundle manager there is nothing to load when i point it at the file Kudos V4.1.zip, have i misread the guide or missed a step somewhere?

Thanks

Hi Foxwater

You need to point “Thumbgen” [Manage Bundles] to this file " KUDOS V4.1.Bundle" and not the THEME file. The theme file is sent down to the WD SMP via a browser such as Chrome/Firefox etc (place the SMP IP address in the Browser address bar). :laughing:

The “Bundle file” file can be found on the main page or here

Cheers LB

Hi Lesterbangs,

Thank you for your swift reply! i downloaded 3 files, Genre Folders KudosV4.1 Updated, KUDOS  V4.1 and V4.1BETA3_SMP.  It is the last file which contains the theme as i have managed to upload this to my SMP and is working fine!  The link in your reply points me to the file KUDOS V4.1 which when pointed to with Thumbgen bundle manager shows no results i.e no bundle! i’ve tried a demo bundle from another site which worked fine so i know Thumbgen seems to be installed fine. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hi Lesterbangs,

Stunning theme and I’m pretty much sorted on most of it after a day of trial and tribulations however I am at a loss as to why I’m not getting BBC iPlayer when I go into ‘Web.’  I’m assuming that iPlayer hasn’t been activated within the theme settings.  Is there a way for me to activate it or is it something that I can expect within a future update?

Regards,

Rob

Hi Foxwater

I think the file name on the Bundle is getting changed somehow.

When you click on Thumbgen Bundle here Link

You should end up with a file like this…

Capture.JPG

The filename should have the extension *.bundle and you point THUMBGEN “Manage Bundle” to this file.

Cheers LB

Hi Bearing

I assume you are in the UK or similar…

I don’t know for sure and I hope others may chime in here, but the BBC iPlayers (i believe) is zoned to the UK region and is only available with a certain revision (and greater) of the WD SMP Firmware.

I run Firmware version 1.10.XX primarily as it allows 20 Network shares and to avoid a bug in the later firmware that does not allow Moviesheets for TV Shows. 

Between myself and some mates we run about 12 WD SMP all on this firmware without issue. You may have it go up to a later firmware, but you will lose the ability for Moviesheets on TV Shows, regardless of which “Moviesheet” theme you run.

Maybe TW or JoeyS can confirm or otherwise,

Cheers LB

the problem is there is no .bundle file , that download link is a ZIP witch contains

a folder called Profile

a folder called Templates

and a file called Bundle.cfg ( config file  )

Rename .zip to .bundle then add it in thumbgen

Hi just came across your theme today and it is just what I have been looking for it really brings the device to life.

So I got a couple questions:

Does the .bundle have configuration files for thumbgen in regards to filename and what not? or do I need to re-edit the options for each theme I use?

The reason I ask is when I view the options the configuration I followed from the thumbgen guide was cleared and some of the configurations were blanked out. I assume that each cover/sheet is generated seperatley and thats why there are season/series/show templates?

Sorry I am just trying to get a grasp on all the different options. I first ran the TV series sheets and it generated the _heet and the episode cover but on the wdtv it only shows the episode cover no info or sheet are displayed. Any help with resolving this is appreciated. Im sure it’s just something I’m missing but I want to make sure the configuration is correct before applying to all of my files. 

btw. Movies work fine the only issues I am having are with TV episodes

thank you in advance for any assistance

Hello LB,

this is my first post, so sorry if i have missed some posting rules.

I have tested many different themes for wdtvlivehub, but your theme is my absolute favorit. The straight look and the clear guideline are awesome, congratulations!

There is one issue i would like to ask.

i am collecting movies, and my video library is about 900 movies.

You can probably imagine that browsing of 900 movies is a pain in the a**. Therefore i preffer the view where i can see as much movies as possible on one site.

something like this: http://community.wdc.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/11418i9065AF70B0D560ED/image-size/medium?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

But… the thumbnails are pretty small in this view, and besides them, i would preffer to see the movie metadata, instead of preview (it’s faster, and i get more information).

Actually something similar to: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/ALASKA-RESURFACE-REMIX/m-p/432720#M8530

Do you think, it would be possible to implement this functionality into your theme?

This view: http://imageshack.us/a/img51/4675/alaskaremix2.png

(right image)

with movie information (overview) on the right side instead of the run-time would also be fine (there would be enough space to display the whole information from xml file).

After a computer crash yesterday I have had to setup everything on my laptop from scratch. I have reinstalled the latest thumbgen but for some reason it will not see the Kudos bundle, it will not see any rar file. Any Ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks Paul

Sorted Now

Hi MirkoB

Thanks for the feedback.

Actually something similar to: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/ALASKA-RESURFACE-REMIX/m-p/432720#M8530 Do you think, it would be possible to implement this functionality into your theme?

I would love to add that info and create a Sheet that looks like that . I have put the code in but the Movie Data does not  appear. Ill have a play. In the meantime try this here

Cheers LB