Kudos V4.1 Beta 03 (Moviesheet SMP) ~ WEEKLY BUILD ADDED

Hi Lesterbangs, thanks for the suggestions a couple of posts up (#178), I’ve been doing some more research which I’ll cover first to see if there is still a need to get this information:

1.  Been reading over on the Hub forum (see post:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/3-08-14-TV-Shows-and-Custom-Backdrops/m-p/497558#M9900)) that custom backdrops will never show for  TV Shows using the latest firmware.  It seems for the Hub (and presumably for the SMP as well) that custom backdrops are not referenced in the XML but from a single folder (and only those internally scraped).  I only use TVShows and have no movies and used Thimbgen exactly as you described.

2.  I don’t know if I was clear but the covers are being correctly generated by Thumbgen (as you describe) but the SMP is displaying a generic season/series cover rather than the specific one that has been generated.  This only happens for the first one e.g. if the season has episodes 1 to 22 then 2-22 are OK but episode 1 is incorrect (and if season only has 3-22 then 3 is the incorrect one).

thanks

smf61 

Can’t tell you how much I’m loving the slickness and speed of this theme. Looks great.

Hope you don’t mind, but I’ve opted to use moviesheets from a template that I’ve really liked for years…it’s called brightly dark. It just so happens that I have several hundred movies already generated with this template, and since I didn’t generate the metadata correctly over the last few years, it’s really not automated to run them under a new template. (It is however VERY easy to name them based upon rules using a renamer program). Your template looks great, but I’ve just always really loved this one. It helped that you provided directions near the beginning of the thread on how to delete the extra cover image from showing in the upper left hand corner.

Anyways, I’m nearly to perfection. Just have to figure out how to get rid of these blasted stars and hearts (Near the “directed by” area) that I don’t see in almost all of they other screen shots. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Hi Natebetween

//I’m nearly to perfection. Just have to figure out how to get rid of these blasted stars and hearts

Try this… LINK

Its a modified version without Hearts and Stars…

Cheer LB

Just posting to put the subject back to what it started as…

smf61 wrote:

Hi Lesterbangs, thanks for the suggestions a couple of posts up (#178), I’ve been doing some more research which I’ll cover first to see if there is still a need to get this information:

1.  Been reading over on the Hub forum (see post:  http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/3-08-14-TV-Shows-and-Custom-Backdrops/m-p/497558#M9900) that custom backdrops will never show for  TV Shows using the latest firmware.  It seems for the Hub (and presumably for the SMP as well) that custom backdrops are not referenced in the XML but from a single folder (and only those internally scraped).  I only use TVShows and have no movies and used Thimbgen exactly as you described.

2.  I don’t know if I was clear but the covers are being correctly generated by Thumbgen (as you describe) but the SMP is displaying a generic season/series cover rather than the specific one that has been generated.  This only happens for the first one e.g. if the season has episodes 1 to 22 then 2-22 are OK but episode 1 is incorrect (and if season only has 3-22 then 3 is the incorrect one).

thanks

smf61 

Hi,

I also had problems with the TV Sheets not displaying. I rolled back to the previous firmware and now they work. So I would suggest just rolling back your firmware until the TV Sheets “problem” is fixed.

Thanks

Hi!

I currently have 2 hard drives of movies. Is it possible to have all my movies displayed in media library at the same time without going through 2 separate folders?

Lesterbangs did you ever make the artwork for rss?

I can get it working but with these hands at the moment making artwork to match the theme isn’t going to happen.

Hi Magnus33

I did make a version with the RSS, but I could not get any streaming to work. So I removed it again. The art work is probably gone, but that is not a biggy. Making another RSS page is easy. The issue is changing all the menus on the other sheets to fit in the extra  “RSS” text on each page. I will have to change all 6 menus, probably by making the font smaller. It will be quiet tedious as every thing has to line up across all the separate sheets.

For the testing, I kept the old sheets as is and just added the RSS page that appeared between the transition from Photos and WEB (from memory).

Ii have to make changes to the all the Menu Graphics anyway as the word SET Up is done differently on different pages (hyphens and not). If you are sure the RSS will work, Im happy to merge your code and do the graphic changes and release a Beta4 that includes RSS and some bug fixes (what ever they maybe).

Cheers LB

Hi Zooropa65

Easy to do if you run NAS (Networked HDD). I run 3 x NAS and have all my movies appear as if one HDD via Media Library. You have to spread your GENRE folders across each HDD evenly (I do it alphabetically). E.g…

HDD1 (NAS)

<font color=“#CCFFCC”>3D                 <- Each is a folder on that HDD that contain your Movies and the Genre JPG "folder.jpg)

\Action

\Adventure

\Crime

\Comedy

HDD2 (NAS)

\Documentary

\Foreign

\Live Music

\Musicals

\SciFi

\TV_Shows

\Westerns

\War

Now the latest WD Firmware (after 1.10.X) only allows 10 NETWORK Connections. I use the 1.10.X Firmware and that allows 20 Network connections to Map each Folder (above) individually. I keep all my WD SMP at this version of FW for that reason.

Now go to SETTINGS and under MEDIA Library map each network FOLDER (E.g… 3D, Action… War) up to a maximum of 10 (Latest FW) or 20 (FW 1.10.X). 

Go into Video Menu and press RED Button on Remote and select “Media Library”. That’s it…

(BTW: If your NAS has a sleep mode, it may take a while for the first time you use your Video menu. I understand that the SMP does not Cache Thumbnails, so it must read the “folder.jpg” each time. This is not an issue with the HUB as the files are cached locally).

Cheers LB

inc_rv_home_menu_node… change

<?xml version="1.0"?>

- <button disabled_bg=“image/main_files_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_files_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_files_icon_n.png” name=“Files” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_FILES”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_new_firmware_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_new_firmware_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_new_firmware_icon_n.png” name=“New Firmware” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_NEW_FW”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_music_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_music_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_music_icon_n.png” name=“Music” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_MUSIC”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_photos_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_photos_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_photos_icon_n.png” name=“Photos” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_PHOTOS”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_services_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_services_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_services_icon_n.png” name=“Services” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_SERVICES”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_setup_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_setup_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_setup_icon_n.png” name=“Setup” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_SETUP”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_videos_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_videos_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_videos_icon_n.png” name=“Video” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_VIDEOS”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_music_nowplaying_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_music_nowplaying_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_music_nowplaying_n.png” name=“Now Playing” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_NOW_PLAYING”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_rss_feeds_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_rss_feeds_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_rss_feeds_icon_n.png” name=“RSS” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_RSS”/> <button disabled_bg=“image/main_games_icon_n.png” focused_bg=“image/main_Game_icon_f.png” normal_bg=“image/main_games_icon_n.png” name=“Games” valkey=“RV_HOME_MENU_GAMES”/>

I used artwork from darklight since the color somewhat matched but hardly ideal.

Rss streams fine and any art work from any theme that inclued rss should work although look odd.

LB

Great job on the Beta 3 - but and there always is :).  Not sure why but there is no thumbnail on the movie. just shows up

as the default blue CD with the film strip to the corner.  When i highlight the actual movie the info screen will show up with

the movie thumb in top left hand corner. Just at the directory level it wont.  I do have

Movie.avi

movie.avi_sheet.jpg

movie.JPG

movie.XML 100_5652.JPG

at this stage i have not put them in categories just all in one folder. (This shows up as New Downloads)

Have installed your bundle and it all seems fine.  defautled to KudosV1.4 moviesheet clear.

Any Ideas

Regards

Even after reverting to the previous firmware the TV Sheets don’t seem to be working fully.  They display the images but it puts the episode image in the top left instead of the season image.  In some cases the season image flashes up there first, then is replaced by the episode image.  Is that how it’s supposed to be?  Shouldn’t the TV sheet show the season image there? You can see below that the moviesheet generated correctly and has the series image, so the theme or something must be overlaying it with the episode image.

Also, it looks like the nice Kudos seek bar menu doesn’t work with the older firmware (see the third picture below).

Hi Natebetween

//I’m nearly to perfection. Just have to figure out how to get rid of these blasted stars and hearts

Try this… LINK

Its a modified version without Hearts and Stars…

Cheer LB

LB…thank you SO much! I can now say that this theme has propelled my SMP from cool gadget to full-fledged christmas gift. Love the sleek look of the interface and everything seems to be working great for me now. Took a little tweaking here and there, but was finally able to get it to work. I don’t use TV shows, so can’t comment on those.

Thanks so much. I look forward to the future of this theme and the next beta or stable release. Until then, thanks for all the hard work.

hello, thx for the gr8 theme but how do i change the background on the moviesheet ,thumbgen not letting me change it at all help is welcome thx in advanc…

Backgrounds in the moviesheet can be changed by dragging the picture you want from the left to righ, where the preview for the moviesheet is, or by pushing the button with the green checkmark.

1 Like

is there a way to make movie info lettering bigger it look a bit small …everything else is gr8,thx in advance

Hi  jaydee77ca

//They display the images but it puts the episode image in the top left instead of the season image.  In some cases the season image flashes up there first, then is replaced by the episode image.  Is that how it’s supposed to be?

Yes this is a feature of the coding. When your at the GENRE folder level you get a larger view of the GENRE thumb. The WD SMP uses the same code between GENRE folder level and the next level down “Movies”. Then at the Movie/TV Show level the thumb for the show is called and it covers the xxx_sheet.jpg top left hand picture. I cannot make the WD place a larger thumb at GENRE level and not at the Movie Level. That’s the way the WD SMP works. No biggy, especially for Movies.

\Also, it looks like the nice Kudos seek bar menu doesn’t work with the older firmware (see the third picture below). At the start of a Movie, the duration is not there. Once the movie starts its all ok. Its like the WD SMP has not got the Movie info initially. I have recently noticed the template missing when I select a ISO file to play. Have not been able to work out why this is. I suspect the WD SMP does it and its nothing to do with the theme. I’ll load some other themes up to see if it is consistent or an aberration. - cheers LB

Lesterbangs wrote:

Hi  jaydee77ca

//They display the images but it puts the episode image in the top left instead of the season image.  In some cases the season image flashes up there first, then is replaced by the episode image.  Is that how it’s supposed to be?

Yes this is a feature of the coding. When your at the GENRE folder level you get a larger view of the GENRE thumb. The WD SMP uses the same code between GENRE folder level and the next level down “Movies”. Then at the Movie/TV Show level the thumb for the show is called and it covers the xxx_sheet.jpg top left hand picture. I cannot make the WD place a larger thumb at GENRE level and not at the Movie Level. That’s the way the WD SMP works. No biggy, especially for Movies.

\Also, it looks like the nice Kudos seek bar menu doesn’t work with the older firmware (see the third picture below). At the start of a Movie, the duration is not there. Once the movie starts its all ok. Its like the WD SMP has not got the Movie info initially. I have recently noticed the template missing when I select a ISO file to play. Have not been able to work out why this is. I suspect the WD SMP does it and its nothing to do with the theme. I’ll load some other themes up to see if it is consistent or an aberration. - cheers LB

Is there a way to turn off showing the thumb image in the top left on all views?  I don’t mind not having it when browsing the genres etc.

My seek bar display never shows up, even part ways in to the TV Show.  I’m guessing it’s a firmware issue.  It just shows the default Western Digital seek menu, not the themed one.  I had the same problem with the Black Mamba theme after WD updated the firmware.

in the new beta will you doing some thumb and sheet layouts and profiles and templates or have you created a thumbgen bundle pack instead

Links for Theme, Thumbgen Bundle and GENRE folder Thumbs are in the first post…

Cheers LB