Issue with WDTVLIVE

I turn on the WDTVLIVE, I put the USB key, I try, it works.
I then try the external HD, it also works, I copy the file, read it, delete it.
2 minutes later, I repeated the trick, nothing works.
I turn off the WDTVLIVE, wait 10s, I turn back, it works again after 3 minutes, it’s over, it does not work anymore.

What is the issue?

I assume by “put the USB key” you mean that your disc is protected by a key, right?  Or do you mean something else?  And where, exactly, are you trying to copy a file to and from?  Do you have a wired or wirelss network?

I join a picture of the installation to avoid misunderstanding:

I turn on the WDTVLIVE,

I try to copy file from PC to My Book. (or USB Flash Drive). it works (I can read, delete, add, …)
2 minutes later, I repeated the actions,  nothing works.

I turn off the WDTVLIVE, wait 10s,I turn on the WDTVLIVEk, it works again.

After 2 or 3 minutes, it’s over, it does not work anymore.

What is the issue?

Well, your picture won’t show up until it’s approved by Bill, the forum admin, so I have no idea what you’re trying to show me.

So let me reask – are you connected wired or wirelessly?  And when you say “nothing works” what, exactly do you mean?  You mean there is no image on your TV anymore?  The Live reboots itself?  You can’t see any files from the PC side?  You need to be VERY specific here.

It’s a wired connection.

“Noting works” means that I cannot copy files from my PC to the External Hard Disk connected to the WDTVLIVE.

There is no issue between TV and WDTVLIVE, I have picture, music and videos.

The issue is that I cannot transfert files from my PC to the External Hard Disk connected to the  WDTVLIVE.

Do that I have to connect directely my Externatl Hard Disk to the PC via USB plug.

Nevertheless, during a short time (2 ou 3 minutes) after turn on the WDTVLIVE it was possible, I was able to transfert files from my PC to the External Hard Disk connected to the  WDTVLIVE.

You might read the FAQ posted on the General forum here to see if any of it applies to you.

Also, make sure you don’t have WIndows Live ID assistant installed (should see other issues but it might affect this as well).  Otherwise it’s probably a Master Browser issue (which you can research but you will most likely be frustrated by the answers).