Ok I just registered here just to pass along this info which I have used and it does work (tested on XP). Forgive me if there was a solution posted to resolve this issue I didn’t find one. This will DELETE that hidden partition and give you that extra space back.
Instructions are here:
In case the site is down I will copy and paste here the instructions.
- Removed/Deinstalled All SmartWare Software from My windows box (Instruction to do that are here)
- Start ->SearchBox-> Type cmd
- Type> DiskPart
- Type> list disk
- Type> select disk 2 (This was mine, your can be different)
- Type> clean
- Type> create partition primary
- Download the Utilityfrom HDDGuru.com to do the low level format
- Install the Tool
- Run LLF on USB Hdd