I have a WD MyCloud Home running on Win10 . Once again it has suddenly “lost” the desktop Icon to access the drive

I have a WD MyCloud Home running on Win10 .

Once again it has suddenly “lost” the desktop Icon to access the drive.

When I check the “WD Drive Utilities” it flashes up as available for about ½ second then disappears.

So –

#Drive is NOT showing in WD Drive Utilities

No Icon

IT IS available to access via Browser.

The last time this happened I ended up having to backup all of my Backups onto another system then add as a new owner (which means formatting the drive) , then upload all of my files back to the “new” user account , this was only a few months ago.

I have tried the “permissions” Fix and also the “Startup” fix to no avail.

All I want to do is to be able to load folders to the drive instead of individual files one at a time, this takes forever as it will only load about 3 before I have to refresh the browser using the web.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Hi

This seems to be an issue on Windows 10 for a while since WD Discovery loses the connection constantly. No fix so far as support has been useless. I have gotten a temporary fix by uninstalling WD Discovery and reinstalling it again and after a few attempts that usually gets the icon back on the desktop.

Hope it helps!

1 Like

AFAIK there is nothing wrong with Win10 and WD Discovery. The ‘Drive Utilities’ were never supported for the My Cloud Home (MCH) or any USB drive attached to it.

It may help others if you state your WD Discovery version (it is the gear icon when you open WDD in the tray, under Others, Resources) and also your Win10 version (such as 2004)

1 Like

Thanks for replying

WD Discovery version 4.2.288 .
Windows 10 Home version 20H2 build 19042.928 install date 09.03.2021 was latest update , does that help ?

Thanks for replying and your input . been going around in circles , just like you then , thx again