I forgot my "WD My Passport" Password, need help removing/resetting the password

Can someone help me to reset/remove the forgotten password from my WD (My passport ultra) external hard drive.

I went through some of the forum and videos but nothing didn’t work.

I need all the files which are hard drive.

Unfortunately, there is no way to bypass or remove the password without knowing the current password or without deleting the unit. This is the reason why a warning box indicating there’s no way to access the data without the password must be accepted before password creation can proceed.

Only by using a data recovery service can you bypass that.

@ trancer

I do not remember setting a password for the Passport Ultra. The password hint is “skeptical girl”. Until today, I had never heard the term, “skeptical girl”. Today, I found it on a website knowyourmeme.com.

Here’s what I found:

Skeptical Girl is a political meme that was proposed and popularized on the blog inmalafide.com.

The picture is the photograph of Rebecca Watson - Wikipedia from wikipedia

Status
Submission
Year
Origin
Unknown

I am reporting this information because the password hint is highly specific and I have never heard it / read it until today. I do not remember putting a password on the WD external hard drive when I bought It and began to use it. What happened? How to fix the problem?

I had a problem several years ago with WD backup software. (It didn’t work, and I had to copy my PC files to the Passport Ultra manually. I was not happy about that.) Even so, I had no password problem and I didn’t even know that I had a password. My problem now is that I am trying to copy files that are backed up on my WD Passport Ultra to a HD on a new PC. When I disconnect the Ultra from the Win7 PC and connect it the new Win10 PC, I am asked to provide a password that I didn’t set and never knew.

My WD case number for this problem is [Deleted]

What to do?

I have a My Passport Essential SE. When I plug it in it tells me I must run the unlock application from the WD Smartware CD associated with the drive. Mine didn’t come with a CD.

It’s a virtual CD, not a physical CD. When you open the Computer section in Windows Explorer, you should be able to see “CD Drive WD SmartWare”.

There is a decryption service for forgotten passwords. Look at hddguru.com