How to Stream playback of Videos?

Hey Folks, apologies if this was asked before but i couldn’t find in my searches here.

I have the EX2 NAS and have uploaded a lot of family Videos and images for multiple users. I usually use the Mycloud Mobile APP to browse through and all data works. However when using the Laptop the Videos automatically start downloading when clicked. Some of the videos are over 1 GB in size so it doesn’t make sense DL them over and over.

Can someone please help me on how to JUST stream and not download?

If your videos are stored locally on a NAS you can view them simply by using Windows FIle Explorer linked to VLC or some other player, If you are using a remote PC to view them, you are likely out of luck.

1 Like

What are you using to access the shares from the laptop? The files should just be playing from the share folder itself, not downloading.

1 Like

Hi Bill,

I and my family members are usually accessing the NAS remotely via the Chrome browser through mycloud.com

Images are viewed fine without any downloading., It’s only the Video files ( .3gp ) which when clicked starts downloading directly. There’s no option to OPEN FILE AS or anything like that. If you can spare a moment and also guide me on how i can access my NAS via the laptop Explorer window.

Using the Android Apps on my Smartphone and Tablets is fine and streams normally but a lot of times during family events we want to quickly show folks on the big screen so use a laptop / IMac … and that’s when videos ONLY download. Not stream.

That’s probably your problem - using mycloud.com on your home network. Since you already have your files in folders on the NAS on your home network, you don’t need to go through mycloud.com to view them. You can access your files directly from your EX2 right there in you home. Check out the Knowledge base article below for how to map your NAS folders (or shares) locally, in order to get direct access.

What if you are not on your home network, like my parents given access to a couple of shares of family photos and videos who access these remotely by logging in to mycloud.com through a browser?